• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

DAK with the Doc

Hi John,

I just wanted to remind everyone if build time is difficult just get to the paint theme that there are much easier builds that have tons of photos with the grey base and the sand covering. Kubelwagen were very large in the DAK as were Horches the Italeri Horch kfz15 Kit is a very nice kit and have seen tons of photos of this vehicle along with Kubelwagen in the desert. Both are easy builds and both are largely used by the DAK and could easily get you ready for the painting class.Also Blitz trucks, Motorcycles were widely used in the desert.There are great pics in the old Sqadron book of men actually applying the gas mixed mud/sand to the 8 wheelers.Just wanted to try and help those with time constrictions for appropriate builds for this. Hope this helps , I wish I could enter I love the desert war and need lots of help painting.But alas I am hospitalized at this time with long term therapy on my leg surgery. Good luck to all and most of all have fun.

Brian

Good luck to you Brian and get well soon.

I didn't intentionally pick a big build, just the one with the desert scheme on the box and figured...:soldier

Inspiration for those building the DML IVE

h321f0e9.jpg

DAK Pz II color discussion.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/dak-pz-ii-libya-1941-what-are-the-correct-colors-t319393.html#p1556598

Here is a perfect example of Dark Yellow (Dunklegelb RAL 7028) on the left and Desert Brown (RAL 8020) on the right.

he92013b.jpg

Looks like a get a weekend this weekend (as soon as I'm off work at 11, I'll be done until Monday morning) and put in a slip for next Thursday off to make it a 5 day weekend. Looking forward to making some progress. :soldier

I've got a nice long 5 day weekend (taking a vacation day) so I should have time to get damn near there as I don't really plan on going anywhere at this time.

Back