• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chris' B-25H and some goodies

Hi Chuck, Mike,
that's one of the benefits of being retired while the wife still works....

I too remember the old burners although the one that came to mind are benzine burners and old irons that had to be heated by an outside source. Those craftsmen are long gone. To think Bob keeps complaining about soldering...Ha ! And I do remember some of those WW I vets. I'm at a point now where I wish I could better appreciate their war stories.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi guys , I have a few minor updates to the B-25.

I have no idea why model makers leave out these small features as they are very noticeable on the real thing.

BBBBBBBBB-25.jpg

So, I had to improvise a plan...

cars017.jpg

and here we have it.

CAT011.jpg

and although I'm not totally sure the left wing lights had the red light installed I manufactured the main light and just happened to have an red MV. lens to complete the assembly.

bbbbb-25.jpg

CAT013.jpg

Well folks, that's all for this one. Thanks for looking. I will also be posting on the KI-84 in Tally Ho !

Thanks guys and since you asked so nicely .I'll explain it.

dew001.jpg

1. take soda can and remove the inside coating with something like steel wool (etc )
2. when you can see bare metal, polish it with Flitz ( other products work too ).
3. Figure out what size reflector is needed and match to punch. Place material on top of cardboard and punch it out.
4. the paint brush handle was used to finish making it concave with the help of a rubber mat.
5. Glue the reflector where needed and when secured mix up some two part epoxy and ( slight overfill fill the reflector).
6. When dried apply some Future.

and there you have it !

The red lens is an MV. lens coated with the Tamiya X-27

I should have asked your cleaning lady to dust this one off, more than 4 months without an update!! :huh:
Looking forward to seeing this one finished, I'd grab some popcorn, but it's all gone! Who's Bogarting the popcorn? :laugh:

Well stir the pot....Popcorn break is over !

Not a big update. Dug up the B-25 pile. Sanded the landing/taxi light lenses and painted green plexiglas section in canopy ( not pictured )

More soon . Cheers, Christian B)

B-25_pile_001.JPG

Yes, there was a picture attempt. It must still be in cyber space :fencing .

I have this distinct feeling that I get along better with plastic than gegabites... :sick:

Not much of a post, really. I dunked the canopy back in Future to seal the green in place and it's still drying. Will try to post next time.

Cheers, Christian B)

Finally had a few minutes to look at the canopy.

B-25_stuff_001.JPG

And I reshaped the engine nacelles and installed the vents tubes.

B-25_stuff_002.JPG

That's all for now folks . Cheers, Christian B)

Back