• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Chris' B-25H and some goodies

Chris, again, one of these post that just get passed me. I don't know what to say, just outstanding work so far! The gunner seats, the slings for the guns...outstanding work! I would never had attempted the gun barrels, hat's off to you on that!

Looks fantastic. Rolling barrels is not easy and I cant imagine at that scale. Probably too late but Master barrels are my heroes. And they have something just up your alley.
http://www.master-model.pl/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=garden_flypage.tpl&product_id=161&category_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=56&lang=en

(y) (y)
James

Hi Mp,
no big deal I'm used to being in my own little world.
The answer to your survey is that all one has to do if they're interested is to subscribe to the build.
Making it more complicated does not appeal to me. This is not a career path for me.
The simpler the better.

Cheers, Christian B)

Hi James,
thanks for the heads up. I was not aware they even made any in 1/72 scale. I am been considering some for the larger stuff but to be honest, the difference for the B-25 build is roughly $ 5.00 for Quickboost and $ 25:00 for the metal version.

In this scale I doubt that anyone has the eyesight to appreciate the difference.

Cheers, Christian

Thank you very much. I have not been able to model much recently but I will try to post something soon

Christian B)

Hello everyone,
frightfully small update again. Just a picture of the assembled and painted update. :(

dashboard010.jpg

maybe001.jpg

Here it is again. Ready to go in. I think I just discovered a new way (for me) to assemble these dasboards besides white glue.

Cheers, Christian B)

I think the gyro cage knob is on the wrong side of the artificial horizon. ....Duh ha!

Outstanding work Chris!

Thanks everyone. MP, you may well be correct but you will have to PM Eduards on that one.

I took several shots of the second picture but none came out as good as the previous one.

I can't think of anything that was any different except for the addition of the penny, and yet I could not get any good results.
If someone can tell me how to fix that problem I would sincerely appreciate it.

Cheers, Christian B)

Cool stuff, Chris!! The scale always make me shake my head at how you do it, my eyes aren't that good with an Optivisor!! (y)

Keep the penny in the shot...seriously, may be the contrast of the back ground that gives the autofocus something to see. Also may want to try backing off the camera some, take the picture in the highest resolution and then crop the IP to a smaller size.

Hello everyone,

just some minor headway this week. I have just been tinkering ... Did get the upper turret detailed.

guns002.jpg

and the glass installed

turret2004.jpg

and now I need to mask it and go back to the cockpit. Finally put the fuselage together. I hope this week is more productive.

Thanks for looking. Any comments are welcome.
Cheers, Christian B)

Dang man, that's pretty slick. Shame it's going to be buried deep inside out of site. Nice work Chris!

Looking good. Really like the tone of the spent casings bags. What colours did you use for that?
James

Hi Bob,
I have never built a clear plastic aircraft since that huge Monogram P-51 but I'm starting to wish this one was clear. Depending how clear the canopy comes out we should get a bit of a view but I'm sure it won't do it justice. Good thing I'm having fun with it....:)

Hi James,
funny you ask, as I always have trouble deciding how to paint seat and belts. Those were painted with a semi secret mixture (I don't remember) of polly scale Italian camo yellow 3 and doped linen. See the light color seat in the first picture . Once dried it's just a wash of burn sienna oil paint. Very simple if you can ever decide on the initial color to prime with.

Cheers, Christian B)

Awesome Chris! :dude The care to detail is taken to a very high level with you, the small scale notwithstanding. :notworthy You are an accomplished modeler and you prove that with every new instalment of this B-25 build of your's. That turret is looking sweet!

Cheers and thanx for sharing! B)
Fernao

Great Job Chris,

The detailing is great, particularly in the scale.(y) (y) (y) (y)

I'm afraid I have built my last braille scale years ago. The eyes just can't cut it anymore!

Lookin' Sweet! Keep goin'!

Bob

Back