• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Man that looks like it should be on a model box. I love the matted one because to me it pops out more.

Mr T, MP, Luiz, Piet, Paulw and Scrodes
:Hiay
I really get a boost from your posts and because your model people I place more on it because you know the subjects better than most and also know when something is wrong or just doesn't work.

Thanks guys for the feedback. (y)

Paulw - 'the matted one' not sure which one this is but I love that you can see this on a model box.

Scrodes - can't help with that one :D

Ian.

Gorgeous work. When you get to selling I really want the Bf109. Any chance a WWI painting might be in the works?
James

Gorgeous work. When you get to selling I really want the Bf109. Any chance a WWI painting might be in the works?
James

Hi James,
thanks for the interest. I will email you soon when I get my bits and pieces sorted.
Glad you liked it!

Ian.

Hello Ma'ers,
I have been away for a while getting my new business ready for launch in June. From tax agents to websites and back to paint brushes I have not had time to scratch myself. 3 Military art pieces are ready to go with another 3 on the way.
I am selling prints already even with no advertising, so I am feeling good about the work direction and the feel for the art. Post June I will have more time as I will be doing this as my job so the models will start rolling again as part of dio book set around the last year of the war.

I also dabble in some sci-fi and am currently working on a 5 piece set to go with a short story that my son and I are working on (he is the writer). It's a post apocalyptic tale set 150 years in the future where technology is all but gone and the land has reverted back to a weird mix of the wild west and mad max style gangs. The centre character is a bounty hunter sent out into the wastelands where the only structures are rusting monsters from a world that has passed. The bounty hunter has a six shooter and a speeder bike to get him across the wastelands in good order.

Still in progress with the upper structure of the boat and the left hand detail still in sketch form. Colors are also still in progress from the initial sketch layout.
Images are only small J pegs so sorry if you can't see all the detail (the originals are quite large).

drumhellervery%20small_zpsxex6zeya.jpg

speeder%20bike%20very%20small_zpsdvkbxtny.jpg

Anyway enjoy and hopefully I will be back soon with a new project and in box review on the panzer 4 J 1/16 that I just purchased for the first project in the book.

It all sounds great Ian,

It's some beautiful art. and, of course, your model skills are top drawer as well!

The very best of luck to you on your new venture!!!!

Bob

Ian the SS America was built for the United States Lines back in the hayday of ocean liners, laid down in 1936. She was drafted into the US Navy as USS West Point for troop transport during WWII and after that went back into service as a trans Atlantic liner.

SS America was sold a couple of times and was being towed from Greece to Thailand when she broke away and drifted. They tried to get it under control but she wrecked in the Canary Islands. She eventually broke her back on the surf and has just rotted away over the years. Sad end for any ship.

8_-_AmStar_7.JPG

By Wollex at the German language Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=464374

I will more than agree with James. I received mine yesterday and it is, in a word, fantastic! I am having it framed and will find a special spot for it in the museum, somewhere near Ian's Panther diorama that I have had for the last quarter century. I was a mere 50 years old when Ian came to America to attend Mastercon. After winning, Ian gave me the diorama that won. I have always been a fan of Ian's dioramas, I am equally a fan of his artistry. I wish i could show it to all you guys personally!

Gorgeous!!!!! Congratulations and the very best of luck in your new venture!

Thank you so much Ian, it is appreciated and I will treasure it for years to come.

Bob Letterman

Ian the SS America was built for the United States Lines back in the hayday of ocean liners, laid down in 1936. She was drafted into the US Navy as USS West Point for troop transport during WWII and after that went back into service as a trans Atlantic liner.

SS America was sold a couple of times and was being towed from Greece to Thailand when she broke away and drifted. They tried to get it under control but she wrecked in the Canary Islands. She eventually broke her back on the surf and has just rotted away over the years. Sad end for any ship.

8_-_AmStar_7.JPG

By Wollex at the German language Wikipedia, CC BY-SA 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=464374

Hey MP,
thanks for the rundown, this is the image I am using to create the front wreck. I am not trying to paint the exact same ship just using the image for reference points as it is such a great photo. This is the picture that inspired the whole painting.
Here's the update...................

drumheller%20v3%20v14_zpss3mh2f3v.jpg

Slowly getting closer

Ian

Back