• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

OK well I still have a little more to tell on this one , so excuse me just one more time.
I began with an oil painting and finished with a Digital Wacom Cintique.

I have been a manual art guy my whole life outside of my CAD Engineering exposure at work, so when I decided to go down this road about a month ago I jumped in the 'deep end' and started learning the digital art through the tablet.
I must say that I am blown away.
However it will not replace the brush and oils, it is certainly a marvel for ink sketching, concepts, technical illustration and finishing your detail work after the brushes have been put back in the holster.
I have a long way to go to master this twin art form finish but I admire the works of chuck who is obviously a master and is fully conversed with this digital field.
Here are some more shots that will show the jump from manual to finishing digitally and a couple more of the Cintique dwg tablet and a sci-fi concept sketch that is the kind of work I like to do to get my hand in.

I have also done a little more fiddly finishing work on the piece and changed the name.
I think it is done now.
OILS
MANUAL PAINTING ON A CANVAS
IMG_1487_zps51602670.jpg

DIGITAL PEN
109final%203a%20GLOW_zpsxv3ircib.jpg

The Wacom...

DSC01879_zpsln6cnbzo.jpg

Sci-Fi sketches
This will give you a bit more of a background as to where my art has originated(all those years ago) - not WW2 but that's where I'm headed now.

One man drop ship on a moon base
attempt%202%20SMALL_zpsxcq7n7m2.jpg

Any way back to the models for a while.
Thanks for your patience with my excitement on my new venture.

Regards
Ian.

Mr Hill,
(yes its me, I am still alive)
Hope to be around here a bit more frequently. (just had a look and my last visit was 2010)

Yeah, what's up with that? :smack

Nice to see you again Pete, even though your Avatar still weirds me out though... :rotf

Ian, all I can say is.... :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

OK, just another brief update - seem to be doing more artwork at present rather than modelling, but that will have to change soon.
:laugh:
Finished off my first promo cover sheet which will double in the full size version[without the print) as an another art piece. :hmmm
Here's a small image.

FW19020with20title20final20vsmall_zpswp8bfoli.jpg

Cheers,
Hope you like the feel of it - feedback welcome. :)

Ian.

Thanks Peter, Phantom and Chuck- sorry for the delayed reply. :dude

Hello all,
sorry I have been away for a while but I have been very busy doing prep stuff after my day job, for my self employment next year and also had to get my new computer's OS reinstalled; as well as everything else due to a corruption from a power outage.
I have a UPS now so that will no longer be a problem.
Anyway, I haven't done any model lately because I have been painting my first big picture as I showed you guys in an earlier post. I have finally finished my Me 109G-10 JG4 and have 2 different versions - a full landscape and a letterbox trim to suit the more technical art lovers.
It was painted to be shown in large format so it is not as exciting here as a small JPeg but I am happy with the result.
This is a small jpeg of my letterbox with the original starting point as a comparison - it came a long way.

me1092_zps2eaf133a.jpg

..109%20v6a%20latest%20w%20watermark_zpsbbafwoyy.jpg

There may be a Tiger 1, an Me 109G-6 or a Panther next....still trying to decide.I also need to get some more dios finished so bring on Xmas!

Regards
Ian

Back