• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

BROKENEAGLE'S PAINTINGS - update 23rd Oct'23- a new sci-fi painting idea.

Awsome Ian (y) when I think of this era , I think of a lot of gray skyes from smoke and dust, but that's me I was not there.

Cheers,Christian B)

WOW :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :D
Love it
Just my 2 cents, but maybe a sunset to show the sun setting on an era?
James

Hi James, thank you . Glad you like the progress.
I will probably go with overcast for this one but I like your idea and will stow it away for a future project.

Ian.

Well, just to share my life of late that is not painting but moving towards models. I have been working on getting more usable space in my model workshop, so I then spent 2-3 weeks spring cleaning and building a new couple of work benches.

This was the mess before I started which was stopping any model building/ painting, especially my bigger projects.
BEFORE
before_.jpg

SO i started puling the old benches apart that I had built in a very 'makeshift way'.

old_bench_breakdown.jpg

2 new benches on the way

20160924_203419.jpg

20160925_184608.jpg

All done , just got to rig up a paint fume evacuator for the window.

20161015_104842.jpg

20161015_104744.jpg

20161015_104812.jpg

Amazing space indeed ....so many things. So much opportunity for me to loze so many little parts... :frantic

Oh well one can always dream.... :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Well the current project was finished a couple of weeks back and is now with the print people for scanning of the canvas. Once that is done I will do some further work digitally to finish it off and possible produce a limited edition version.
I ended up going with the stormy look......
20161102_180940small.jpg

.....and another shot showing how it was a few months back in between other projects (I know I always do this but even as the artist I enjoy seeing the progression as the journey is forgotten by the end).
1_new_project.JPG

Anyway on to the next one.

After having seen your work upclose and personal, being the prowd owner of one of your masterpieces and meeting you in person, I can say that, on top of your amazing talent as an artist, you really are a great bloke. I have really enjoyed meeting you in Canberra mate, looking forward to a catch up.

Laurence

Back