• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Berlin '45 is now open for signup

Just for clarification. What would be a start date for the Battle of Berlin? I was thinking of doing one of the first Mustangs over Berlin (4th FG, 8th AF) but of course I want to keep in the spirit of the GB. What I'm getting to is, I could make the case that the Battle of Berlin started when the Allies started bombing raids but I don't know if there would be a consensus. I just want to make sure the Mustang I do was flying during the same accepted time frame.

moon puppy wrote:
Just for clarification. What would be a start date for the Battle of Berlin? I was thinking of doing one of the first Mustangs over Berlin (4th FG, 8th AF) but of course I want to keep in the spirit of the GB. What I'm getting to is, I could make the case that the Battle of Berlin started when the Allies started bombing raids but I don't know if there would be a consensus. I just want to make sure the Mustang I do was flying during the same accepted time frame.

Well the battle in Berlin was from April 20 to May 2 1945, but the offensive to take Berlin started on January 16 1945. I believe the focus of the GB would be during this time frame.

Terry B)

I will be building the new Tamiya JSU-152 for this one.It will be out of box unless I screw the tracks up and buy Friuls instead.Since the time period is pretty long,I may hold up for awhile before actually starting.

thanks

tanktr :laugh: ax wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
And I of course will take the Air Superiority route...
piliot.gif

Isn't "air superiority" a contradiction of terms? :laugh:

Ohhhh... I'm going straight to hell for that one.... :eek:hmy:

Do you remember the old Cold War joke about two Russian General's sitting in a Parisian Cafe,sipping Cognac ? One said to the other "Oh by the way,who won the Air War ?"
:laugh: :laugh:

MrT wrote:
moon puppy wrote:

Well the battle in Berlin was from April 20 to May 2 1945, but the offensive to take Berlin started on January 16 1945. I believe the focus of the GB would be during this time frame.

Terry B)

There goes Col Don...Plenty more to pick though.

I'm in.

Always wanted to make a dug in Panther from Berlin.
That's the plan for now.

Henrik

I decided not to wait for one of the new Bronco or AFV Club kits, picked this up at the LHS today for the group build... 1/48th means the flak tower won't be too big.

It's great to see so much involvement in this GB. :cheer:

IMG_8185.jpg

I'm not sure how I missed this, since I asked if it was still on, but count me in with a T34/85! :ro:

This sounds interesting, but I am really an Early to Kursk kinda guy, well on the eastern front anyway. So I really don't know what to do!!!

How about a dug in anti tank gun and crew? Love to have you join!

Terry B)

JSteinman wrote:
This sounds interesting, but I am really an Early to Kursk kinda guy, well on the eastern front anyway. So I really don't know what to do!!!

me too but i'm taking part since it's promising a lot of fun!

how about a 88 flak36?

Hi all

Have a look at this site !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blogs/the-ghosts-of-world-war-iis

This i my favourite subject because i am from Berlin .I am very unhappy i could not be with the other modelers in this groupbuild.I am building since more as a month a Diorama for the euromilitaire .But if someone need additional Pic´s visit my page you will find some at Orginalpics .Maybe the next time i´ll be with you .I will watch the postings with intrest .

Have Fun Detlev
:(

Back