• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Berlin '45 is now open for signup

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
Start date is fast approaching. Beat the crowds and put your name and build in the pot. Remember, do not start till Aug1 your time. We'll need a picture of the unbuilt model with a newspaper dateline or some other verification of date. Start date is August 1 2010, end is July 31, 2011. New entries will be accepted up to the last 30 days and the Group Build badges will be awarded at the end of the Group Build.

Is the criteria simply any subject modelled from the Battle for Berlin - e.g. solo model, diorama, figures, etc. are all acceptable? If so, I think I have an idea or two for something.

David

I believe that is the intent of the GB but we'll await confirmation from Jenny, I think this was her idea.

moon puppy wrote:
I believe that is the intent of the GB but we'll await confirmation from Jenny, I think this was her idea.

Cool. I have an Alan 8.8cm Ardelt Waffentrager I'd like to do, so count me in!

David

anything from the 1945 berlin battle! solo model, diorama, figure, vignette - all acceptable!

ok?

i'm in to this gb!

Yes that is exactly right with the theme :)

Kreighshoer wrote:
anything from the 1945 berlin battle! solo model, diorama, figure, vignette - all acceptable!

ok?

i'm in to this gb!

:) Hmmm I am wondering if it will be based on the photomagraph I sent you of the big beast ;)

Jenny :kiss:

I am most certainly up for this one, having been to Berlin quite a few times and quite possibly my favourite war time subject

So mine will be figure based, of course, on what, Im not sure yet, probably a Tank hunter emerging from the U Bahn or something like that

I shall get my thinking and model hat on :)

andyfettes wrote:
I am most certainly up for this one, having been to Berlin quite a few times and quite possibly my favourite war time subject

So mine will be figure based, of course, on what, Im not sure yet, probably a Tank hunter emerging from the U Bahn or something like that

I shall get my thinking and model hat on :)

Andy , I am curious . Can I have a look at you wearing your modelling hat ?

Jenny :kiss:

jenny croft wrote:
:) Hmmm I am wondering if it will be based on the photomagraph I sent you of the big beast ;)

hmmmmmmmmm ... nope!

but my original plan won't be realized either it seems!

what will jenny build for this gb?

Kreighshoer wrote:
jenny croft wrote:

hmmmmmmmmm ... nope!

but my original plan won't be realized either it seems!

what will jenny build for this gb?

you two are so mysterious. :huh:

I'd like to enter with a flak tower like this but not the whole building...

AABerlin.jpg

I'm liking the city streets ...............

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313272C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313282C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313992C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J314052C_Berl.jpg

panthergberlin.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R716392C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313872C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313862C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313852C_B-1.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-J313472C_Berl.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-R988282C_Berl.jpg

I'm not sure if this is Berlin , .......... but I've gotta add something like this .............

144.jpg

hmmmm.... choices, choices... Do I do a King Tiger in 1/35 or 1/16? :unsure:

Whisper.... whisper... whisper... What? I haven't finished my SturmTiger for the XHH GB and I haven't even started my PTO Sherman for the USMC GB?.... :blink

Oh poop!.... I had better get my act together pretty darn quick! :eek:hmy:

I'm in...........you bet i'm in.

Actually one of those photos from Cheyenne [that has the modern looking building on the left] - I have ashot from the other side (Anhalter station I think ?) and it has a destroyed King Tiger in the street.
kingtigerberlin.jpg

Below is what I will probably do....the last Tiger1 destroyed in the tiergarten in the last battle in front of the Brandenburg gate. I have 3 shots- here are 2
berlintiger.jpg

berlintiger1.jpg

Oh yeah! B)

moon puppy wrote:
And I of course will take the Air Superiority route...
piliot.gif

Isn't "air superiority" a contradiction of terms? :laugh:

Ohhhh... I'm going straight to hell for that one.... :eek:hmy:

LOL tank

Actually Jenny I havnt got one but I am going to look for one now :)

great pictures of berlin by the way Cheyanne!

Hey anyone remember the battle damage shots of berlin I did for the old site ?

Ok I'm in with a Dragon Panzerbefehlswagen Panther Ausf G.

Terry B)

Back