• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Backwoods lumber Company Shay ... I like Trains

Yes Tank builder ... that ideal came to me last night on the pins I would have to drill a hole but it could work on the ends of the bands I may have to use CA, been using Elmer's wood glue ... but it will stick stuff to stuff ... :salute

Thanks Mike ... to Quote an olde friend of mine ... " If your not scratching, your not Building " Hang on I have to change all the piping to fit the Vertical boiler versus the T-Boiler ... :salute

Gerry, that is looking fantastic so far. I do love the addition to the boiler tank. You are really bringing this along well. This loco will be the hit of the next train show. I think it would look just as great on the tables at the IPMS Nationals as well!

Thanks Mike ... Lots more to come ... this Loco will ( I Hope ) become my pride & Joy ... tag along I must work on the deck more then onward & Upward ... :salute

Gerry, that is looking fantastic so far. I do love the addition to the boiler tank. You are really bringing this along well. This loco will be the hit of the next train show. I think it would look just as great on the tables at the IPMS Nationals as well!

IPMS Nationals ??? ... :hmmm :woohoo: Thanks Mark I was able to get the stuff to stick ... Can't find my CA I used some Citadel PVA glue working so far ... starting to look a little steam punk Boilers are Kewl ...

h5635f4f.JPG

h7b1c078.JPG

Primed ready for a clean up sanding I hope the top is drying I hope the PVA works, looks like it will ... Next I need to finish the decking ... I'll remove the Water Tank and add a Wood bin on the back to handle the electronics ...

I've given up on Campaigns ... So I'll just model ... The back woods Shay is coming along I didn't like the boiler so making a new one out of copper plumbing fittings ...

h1535d78.jpg

Thanks Mark ... I'm stuck on enlarging the top of Boiler ... Yes I posted on a model RR web site and there was a rivet counter there that thought it need work ... I have a spy in my Computer (Rootkit Trojan) so I'm Leary of connecting My phone to this to xfer the photo ...

It's also time I started back on this project .... I was able to make the top of boiler but not installed yet ...

h7e1fe37.jpg

h8c90fd0.jpg

This should pick-up this weekend .... Still working on the SP Daylight almost Have it ready For Customer ....
:train

I need to file the thing down .... and solder a bit more ....

Cheers Gerry !!!

I am thrilled to see you back on here. Keep it coming; everything looks good so far.

Thanks Mark this thing should have been done by now ... more scratch building ... it would be nice to have this at the Plano, show this October ... found my thinner brass yesterday i'll see if I can't get that boiler made ....

Thanks Fellow modelers .... Lot's to do yet .... Firewood stack top of Loco .... Sound chip & speaker ....

Hang tight time is still somewhat non-existent

Al-righty then !!! I've been trying to get some brass on the top of this thing … it's still fighting Me … the top of the boiler is more to size of a smoke collector …

hc29b682.jpg

h51f1caf.jpg

I'm also trying to make some brackets that will hold my roof support poles the O-Scale are very small, so I've tried cutting one side off and gluing the two into one …

Bachmann makes this firebox door so I have to form it for the curve of the boiler …

hfa5ff8e.jpg

hb8c7d0d.jpg

I made one of the Wood box sides ….

h2edc554.jpg

Thinking on using some bare metal foil on the boiler cover … I'll give the brass one more shot …

I'll have to find another one … Kinda caught that one on fire when trying to bend it around the boiler …. Thanks for checking in James ---

Back