• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

B1 bis

Top notch paint job, Tim! That "hard-line" green is precise: very well done! :notworthy Unfortunately for you, the pressure is on as rob well said: everyone is waiting for more! ;)

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Thanks everyone!

Pressure, what pressure? I was only holding my breath for the entire time it took to spray on the camo and didn't realize it till I was done :gogo EXHALE MAN! :laugh:

Chuck, If I was a kid again and had one of these in the backyard I can see myself in that lookout spying on the neighborhood all day long :lol:

It was a hectic evening at home and only managed to get the other side done. Will have to tackle the topside and turret a little differently.

Tim

bis_30.jpg

That!...looks amazing Tim. Great color moding...Is it all done just with the airbrush so far?

What did you use to mask the camo (sorry if I missed it earlier).

Tom

Thanks all.

Hopefully will have the basic paint work done and markings on tomorrow. Then the real fun begins with the weathering.

Tom, it's all airbrush to this point. With different shades of browns & greens thinly applied in vertical passes just to get a head start on the streaking to come. I used low tack frisket film for the masks but this won't work for the rest as it does not have enough sticking power to lay flat on the various shapes which is key to getting a sharp line. I'll probably use silly putty.

Tim

I was going to paint the markings but couldn't get to the HS for the letter transfers so decided to use the kit decals for the Nivernais II. They came out ok.
Playing with the basic weathering now. It's still all airbrush to this point and I'll start adding washes to this. Still a ways to go.

Tim

bis32.jpg

bis34.jpg

bis33.jpg

bis31.jpg

Beautiful work Tim. Even without weathering you've captured the look and feel of the tank. Very very nice (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Looks really GREAT Tim.(y)

Are you planning to add that really dark grease streaking from Cheyenne his photo?[that would be cool]

Greetings,Ron.

Man I missed this update! Lookin great!!! Those streaks are just right. This build is turning into something really special.

Terry B)

Thanks all!

James the Bis has alot of character and was hoping I'm capturing it.

Ron that seems to be one of the characteristics of the bis and mines going to get greasy too B) There is a lot more painting to do on this puppy.

Tim

Back