• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ares Mythologic Figure "Sheenay" - Finished!!!

sharkman

Master at Arms
A place holder!

hd0054ef_2020-02-11.jpg

Thanks guys!

Still waiting for it to arrive. :unsure:

Not being a figure modeler, I was surprised at just how difficult it was to find a fantasy female warrior, like something you might find in Dungeons and Dragons, who wasn't completely naked or scantilly clad. Not that I'm totally opposed to that, I've seen some very amazing female figures completed and they are a great palette if you are into skin tones, but I was looking for something a little more on the believable side (in terms of what would be worn in a battle) while still being on the sexy side as well. Plus, I have two small girls who are in my modeling room regularly!

Male figures have full armor, female figures have a sword and a thong. I wouldn't want to go into battle with a thong!

:rotf

I realize it is still a male-dominated hobby and it caters to that audience, just something I noted!

:hmmm

Well, I got word that my figure finally got shipped from China. Should be here in a couple months!

:facepalm

That's gonna be a great Figure to build/paint Warren, Having to learn Yawls names again (y) .... I might think about this Campaign .... :woohoo:

My figure finally arrived in Canada today! On the other side of the country and has to clear customs. Might get it before Christmas!

Crazy, bought this Jan. 18th

apparently it cleared customs on Thursday and should be here on the 30th. Not holding my breath though, our Canada Post is working overtime but doing a great job considering, I don't mind it being late.

3 1/2 months later..........

I checked my mailbox this afternoon and the mailman brought me this.
IMG_4042.JPG

Needless to say I was a little worried the figure was damaged....but fortunately, the seller had packed it well in bubble wrap

IMG_4043.JPG

5 pieces in total, it seems nicely molded for its size, I believe it is 1/20

IMG_4044.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4046.JPG

IMG_4047.JPG

I think it would be a great figure if it was larger, like 1/12. Anyway, I'm impressed, now let's see what I can do with it!

🤪

I found an image of a larger bust made of the same figure, I'll use this and the first image as inspiration!

1015623-12741-95-pristine.jpg

Lucky, that box looks in bad shape. Did you buy this from Aires Mythologic?? All the ones I have bought have come in nice boxes with foam cushions for the figure, not a baggy.
James

Lucky, that box looks in bad shape. Did you buy this from Aires Mythologic?? All the ones I have bought have come in nice boxes with foam cushions for the figure, not a baggy.
James

No, from a seller off Ebay in China. I'm, glad he wrapped it well! Might be an Ares rip off but it looks good!

Last edited:
I cleaned up the parts some more of the resin stubs and mounted everything on tooth picks

IMG_4048.JPG

Then decided I would attach her skirt as I noticed on a test fit that it would require a small amount of fill

IMG_4050.JPG

IMG_4051.JPG

I used a little Tamiya putty and will just have to gently sand it later.

IMG_4052.JPG

Then I started to paint the flesh tones with some Model Master Sienna, thinned and lightened slightly

IMG_4053.JPG

IMG_4054.JPG

Then a couple coats of Tamiya flat flesh and lightened with Tamiya flat white

IMG_4055.JPG

More to come!

Back