• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Jug: Finished

Another Jug

Bob - are you going to do the traditional, gloss coat, decals, gloss coat, wash, flat coat technique on this build? That is why I have always stayed away from the NMF - just not sure how to finish it and still keep the Alclad looking metallic.

Mike

Another Jug

That's going to be tricky Mike. The ETO and Invasion stripes are all flat so I'm thinking of glossing over everything after decals, some more weathering and (modeling gods be with me) mask off the stripes and flat them while leaving the NMF glossy, or maybe just satin, but you're right, got to leave that NMF shiny even though dirty.

Finished stencils and started with Miss Fire decals... :good:

Another Jug

Y'all know more about painting than I do, but maybe if you we're to go to the alclad II website and check out what their feelings are on how to finish over the alclad II might be an option ... IMHOP

Another Jug

Thanks Bob - I'll keep watching and follow your lead!

Y'all know more about painting than I do, but maybe if you we're to go to the alclad II website and check out what their feelings are on how to finish over the alclad II might be an option ... IMHOP

Wait - WHAT? The Alclad website talks about how to decal over the Alclad???? How have I missed it????? :bang head Link - please (cause apparently I'm just not seeing it!)

Mike

Another Jug

Mike I remember reading just how to apply the paint, not sure if they had instructions about decaling over.

Another Jug

Oh - phew! Thought I missed something! I've always had good luck with Alclad just never tired decalling over it. I'll be brave this time! Promise! :gogo

Another Jug

Sure is nice to be able to spend all day at the bench, those days are numbered now. Going back to work on the 15th and Cindy's last day in school is tomorrow. Next week she and I get some time finally. Might be able to sneak an hour or two if I get on her nerves. :D

And she's up!

h6ca9d30.jpg

Decals are all on. Need to get another gloss coat on her. Will do that tomorrow.

h3958e5e.jpg

Flatten the tire like Les does, guess you can't really see it here.

h0d33473.jpg

h0095103.jpg

How about them gear? Pass inspection?
Sub assemblies ready to install. Moving slow on that, want to make sure everything is ok before finishing. Got a spot on the bell housing on the engine I need to touch up.

h8a78591.jpg

h80cc12b.jpg

Yep, she can still see herself, not that she wants to. :blink

Next up will be some weathering. :soldier

Another Jug

Looking really shinny Bob (y) (y)

Starting to wonder if she has a chrome plate under that scarf :good: :yipee :idonno

Cheers, Christian B)

Another Jug

Looks fantastic Bob! What are you using for gloss coat?

AlcladII Aqua Gloss clear.

I think I have made the mistake in the past of using different types of clear coats. I'm trying to learn from my mistakes, not something I'm known for. :rotf :bang head

Another Jug

So close...can he screw it up yet??

YES! Blemish has turned worse on the leading edge.

hde21f23.jpg

but i'm happy with what I have so far.

Y'all think I'm crazy for wanting that mirror finish to start with, now you see why. Get it dirty but it's still shiny.

h996cbe8.jpg

Oh yeah, it's dirty in the stores are in place. The bomb will get a flat coat. Notice the fuel line coming up from the tank? :beer

Back