• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Fokker

Darn, the kits I have are too small to see such a marking... I may need to sell off some stuff to get the WNW kit!

Regards,

I got all the doo dads attached. Hand holds, foot steps, prop installed and some other parts. Working on the air speed indicator that mounts on the N strut, breaking out some old PE and scale hardware to make it look right. Eyes gave out on me tonight, going back in tomorrow and should be able to get some weathering done. So Close!

B) :good:
Great job Bob - you did well to solve the undercarriage issue. :drinks
How difficult are the turnbuckles to do?

Ian. :hmmm

A lot easier than they use to be Ian.

http://www.gaspatchmodels.com/products/metal-turnbuckles-32.html

I got a small variety of these, the "Type C" seem to work better for me, eyelets are open on both ends. Now I wish they made the control horns in some sort of metal as these that come in the kit are VERY fragile, shoot, I actually enjoyed the rigging on this, except when the CA refused to set!

Think I learned a known lesson.

What happens to metal wires that are under stress? They tend to get unstressed, hence the advent of Turnbuckles. The turnbuckle at the landing gear wing came loose, not all the way but enough. I took Chris's original suggestion and was able to work with the landing gear some. Still didn't see a problem but, it's still slightly crooked. I'll re-rig that line again with EZline, might try to pull it tighter than the one on the opposite side and see if that helps.

When rigging cable in an aircraft system you need to be able to cycle the system before checking the cable tension.

Probably de stressing the wire to use your terminology . Anyhow the process needs to be repeated until you get your true value.

Cheers, Christian B)

yeah, that's where true turnbuckles really come in handy. not sure how to pull that off with this. EZ Line can not carry a load so no point in trying to pull it back in line with that. I'm back at the option of using the wire again or strategically angled photos.

That was mi point about checking the geometry first of all . You need to have real turnbuckle to do the above explanation and the load winds up being equal on both cables anyway . :blush:

Cheers, Christian B)

Not sure how I missed this one MP. Excellent build. One of these days I'm going to give one of these WNW kits a try.

I'm calling this one done!

Went with the dusty look. Just a simple Migs Neutral wash over it.

h8b727fe.JPG

h4458808.JPG

h4458808_2014-01-31.JPG

h3298a53.JPG

h344d75b.JPG

hd8b6240.JPG

h355731d.JPG

h0944561.JPG

h283e55e.JPG

hcf35165.JPG

Hope y'all like it. I finished that Fokker!! :pilot

I really like this, not certain about the pastels, but that's just personal preferrance.

Ian

Looking good Bob ! :good: I got to tell you though that she does not measure up to the girls on Chuck's builds . :S

Cheers, Christian B)

I got to tell you though that she does not measure up to the girls on Chuck's builds .

hcf35165.JPG

Ah, but she makes anything standing next to her look good!

Bob, that is one I would be proud to put on display here (without the wench)!

Regards,

Back