• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Fokker

I'm still debating on how much on the control lines I'll do but dang, this thing gets you thinking. Those little knobs where they want you to attach the lines can easily be replaced with some brass pipe and you can thread the EZLine right through.

BTW, if I haven't mentioned this, EZLine is a game changer for me. There's enough elasticity in it that tightening up one line doesn't cause the other to go slack. That's the one thing that frustrated me most on the Pup.

So, here's some pictures.

h3f2d933.JPG

Making that firewall nice and grummy.

h5e96b5c.JPG

Hope you can see the wood grain effect, I do enjoy painting that stuff, it's a hoot! Need to find a better brass paint, I"m pouring out some Alclad Brass and letting it cook down so to speak.

hafaf3cb.JPG

Fuel gage decal shifted on me. Really nice decals on this, almost like it has some relief to it also. Check out the Compass in front of the seat.

h6f5a678.JPG

hf16af2c.JPG

Optional color of the fuel tank so I went with Brass. I gave it a wash of a Green to try and get some patina on it, hope the camera picks it up.

h9570305.JPG

Got to get the seatbelts on and paint that empty ammo can thing.

Hope you likey! :mpup

You knwo it's a crying shame there's not anything more for this engine. It seems to come up just a wee bit short for detail.

James, part E3 looks like an ignition harness, does it belong to another kit or another variant?

I'll have pictures tonight. :coolio

The engine sprue is used in a lot of kits. Your piston cylinders have a "pipe" molded onto the bottom right side for cooling. E3 is a different version and if you go to wnws and look up something like the Roland and look at the instructions you will see how it fits.
James

Oh so that's not ignition it's cooling. Gotcha.

Like so many things there's a lot of potential but i'm not going to wire this up, it's going to be all closed up.

The fruit of today's bench time.

h8563328.JPG

ha400001.JPG

h8174c66.JPG

Great deal of potential but i'm not building it opened up.

h9207a5c.JPG

Am I really thinking of starting paint and decals this early??

James, says to apply the decals to a gloss paint. What color should I use under this stuff?

Thanks Terry, I had some trouble with the Sopwith Pup turtle back seam, didn't get it cleaned up enough so I'm taking extra care on this. Right now the engine/cockpit assembly is removable until I decide how much rigging there will be.

The fruit of today's bench time.

h8563328.JPG

ha400001.JPG

h8174c66.JPG

Great deal of potential but i'm not building it opened up.

h9207a5c.JPG

Am I really thinking of starting paint and decals this early??

James, says to apply the decals to a gloss paint. What color should I use under this stuff?

Sorry, missed the question at first. I would do the sail colour or buff, then gloss coat it.
James

Lots of work done, wish I could press on but duty calls.

This Lozenges camo decals are great. I really like them, holes and slots line up 100% accurate so far.

I'd like to know how this scheme came to be, you think about it it's really an early version of the modern digital schemes, dispersal schemes. Really cutting edge you know.

Well here we go.

h78b8bb8.JPG

he130904.JPG

I ATTEMPTED to have this pre-rigged for installing the wings, just didn't work out that way. I wish there was a way that I could have build the upper wing without the top half installed in order to route the rigging lines up in the wing. What I did try to do is rig the aileron lines but as you see, it didn't work out. I'll run the lines and try to pull it into the fuselage.

hbf0ce39.JPG

h22dcc68.JPG

This was an attempt to make ripples in the fabric, utter fail. I gouged out the plastic trying to make it look like creases but it looks like gouges. Maybe a couple of layers of Future will soften the edges some. :hmmm

The WnW kit comes with 5 decal sheets. Also has spare decals to patch up problems...I sure am glad! Not to hard to match up the pattern but if you want it to look like a field repair, don't bother matching. :dance

Hope y'all like it so far! :beer

Nice work with the lozenges. For the distressing after you gouge, then sand so you have valleys not canyons. You already new that though right? Still, its looking good Bob.
James

:ro: Nice. D.VII, almost no rigging!! Clever Barrow!
Fond, I vas, alvays, fon Ernst Udet. he vas ein Flying Fokker, Ja? :pilot

Nice work with the lozenges. For the distressing after you gouge, then sand so you have valleys not canyons. You already new that though right? Still, its looking good Bob.
James

Yeah I did James and I did sand this area down some, it looked good, but the decal tells another tail...wait.. :facepalm

Thanks guys

Chris, the detail is in that WnW kit, I'm not adding a thing. :D

Back