• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Another Fokker

Wow, those decals did come out well. Looking forward to the rigging and the rest. (y) :drinks

Just to show I haven't bee sluffin' off on this.

h950b143.JPG

All the bits and pieces about ready to be installed.

h2f873f0.JPG

Playing around with all the props to see which one turns out best. The two on the left has Tamiya Dark Yellow for the base and Red Brown for the second color. The two on the right has Vallejo Dark Yellow with Earth Brown. I'm using one to test the clear colors, right now i'm leaning to doing a clear yellow and clear red once done. The third prop from the left is the one that's got some clear color over it.

Looking great Bob. I like the props. Will have to try that. I am feeling the pull of a Fokker again darned you.
James

The Red Baron was on the other day, fun to see all the paint schemes. The props are looking good, which one you gonna use? (y) :drinks

I'd say you get a Fokkin' A so far. :rotf

Yeah they weren't to worried about blending in where they?

I have my favorite right now, need to clean it up a bit, I want to give it the oil treatment and see how it goes from there. I know I'll do a light Clear Yellow and light Clear Red for a top coat, then liberal dousing of Future.

Hey James, there's to things that stick up on the top of the lower wings. They seem to be associated with the wing structure. Any idea what they are and what color they should be?

Wood. I think a lite wood. Maybe these will help? http://pioneerflightmuseum.org/aircraft/fokkerDVII/updates/020214.shtml

020214Aileron1.jpg

James

It seems these things were mounted on top of the spar for some reason, maybe reenforcement where the spar mates with the fuselage. I didn't know if it were some steel or some other metal.

Haven't fully attached the prop yet but wanted to get a shot of it. Probably about 5 layers of Future on it right now... :rotf
hb6a9a75.JPG

That prop suppose to have a manufacture decal on it?

hb3666d3.JPG

Think this thing is covered 90% with decals. James notice how the rib tape lines up, all those were on the decal and lined up no problem.

h432f1e0.JPG

just happened to have the right blue on hand, :good: See how the Lozenge is visible under the blue..did that on purpose.. :coolio REally I did! :rotf

he295582.JPG

hope you can see the heat distortion on the exhaust, light rust.

Hope you likey... :snoopy

Wood. I think a lite wood. Maybe these will help? http://pioneerflightmuseum.org/aircraft/fokkerDVII/updates/020214.shtml

020214Aileron1.jpg

James

Oh yeah, those parts I as asking about James, those are foot steps, found in one of the sources you sent me. I'm thinking they would be metal so I'm going to BMF it.

Back