• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/12 Bentley blower FINISHED

Every bit of me would have hungered to mold and resin cast the fuel tank you made, even if you only wanted the one.
Truly brilliant model making, sir!

I haven't forgotten this build but its summer here and post lockdown has brought a rush of work and as much as i would like to carry on here i also need to eat :)
My problem is i dont have a work bench so any work means clearing my desk and unpacking all my modelling paraphernalia before i can start an that really means i need 2-3 hours at a time to get a grip on this.
when i left this i was looking at the tonneau cover which is a plastic cover as supplied

1629099416963.png

I did try sticky back vinyl but its the wrong texture and has a sheen

15821 (4).JPG

I am now looking at Iron mikes idea of lens cloths.

15821 (1).JPG

This comes as a white cloth but you can spray it black and it gives it a bit of rigidness and shows the weave better

15821 (2).JPG

Best bit is to play with this idea i dont need to get everything out so i can pick it up and put it down as time permits.
sorry for the lull in progress :)
r

Jury is out on this attempt at a roof but while its what i was aiming at i'm not sure it looks right in practice. It may be the best i can do. At least we are up and rolling again ( all be it with out any wheels) :)
22821 (10).JPG

22821 (9).JPG

Comparing the above last photo to this, I think it works. The colors are realistic as well.
lowres-1280124.jpg

Thanks mike, i think some more brass popper buttons on the back might tighten it up a bit.

I like it, might be a bit more flat texture than it needs but it sure does look a lot better than a hunk of plastic.

Brilliant! Bonzer! Ausgetchichnet! Mue Bueno trabajo! Otlichno! Sogai! Excellente'! :notworthy
Ok, I ran out of languages, but I hope you understand my sentiment! :vgood:

Take Two

DSC_2746.JPG
DSC_2750.JPG

Its getting better. What you see is actually a cover over the folded roof on most pictures, I think i will weather this a bit with come white powder and then see if i come up with anything better while i work on another bit.

Only thing I see that could be tweaked is the sharp square front lower corners. There shouldn't be an sharp corners. If they were to be slightly rounded, it will do the job.

With that exception it looks superb!

Good point paul
this one is squarer
fuel tank.jpg

and this one

11354834.jpg

as i mention in my intro no two are the same being hand built bodies.
i think i need to add some seams maybe

Back