• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Airfix 1/12 Bentley blower FINISHED

Here we go then Airfix 50 year old Bentley finally finished on my third attempt (over the 50 years)
What can i say ? I have struggled most of the way but that was my own fault for trying to get more out of the finished thing that the Kit probably allowed for.
Additional resin wheels were used, various copper pipes, steel mesh on the fuel tank and radiator. Strips of Coke can on the fuel tank, various brass screws used by our friends who build steam engines. A hood and cover made from fine weave lens cloths ( thanks Mike) and some tube and wire thats plenty full for 1/12 kits due to Tamiya's extensive 1/12 motorcycle range.

As i have mentioned its very hard to find a finished on of these on the web and i now understand why. Its not something i would ever try again in this scale. I have already lost a rear light, ( found it again now) its already dusty , its almost impossible to move without breaking something. If you pick it up the weight of the wheels and springs is almost to much for the Glue to the Chassis and likewise if you pick it up by the body the Chassis will probably drop off :) the answer is to slide a hand under it and lift it but watch out for the exhaust....
As always with this sort of build when you take the pictures you just find loads nore bits you have missed ( wires and tubes mostly under dash and in engine bay.)

Bottom line is on the whole its been fun, i have learned lots, had great advice here from you lot and thats all you can ask from a model and as always......the next one will be better :)

The LH hood is a much better fit than it looks as i chose to balance it in place for the pictures
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (1).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (3).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (4).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (5).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (6).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (7).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (8).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (9).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (11).JPG
Airfix Bentley blower 1 in 12 (12).JPG

Good Lord Man!!! What a great turnout that was Paddy. Just can't get over the details and the overall realism. One can sure tell that there was a TON of work that went into this one. Fantastic work bro.!!!!

Back