• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

AFV Club German sIG 33 15cm Heavy Infantry Gun

dukwhunter

Hi Guys ,

As usual change of plans . I will be doing a AFV Club German sIG 33 15cm Heavy Infantry Gun for the kursk campaign .

001~22.JPG

Here are the pics , for discussion purposes only ,

39724-700x1053~0.jpg

39725-700x464.jpg

though i will build it as before the soviets captured it !

Anyone care to make a educated guess as to the paint scheme on the gun ?

I am thinking maybe dark yellow with olive green splotches , but not sure !

Probably will Andy .

Will probably also use the 15 cm Stielgranate 42

15cm_sIG33_gun_---1.JPG

Pic For Discussion Purposes Only !

It is a 15cm hollow charge projectile used to destroy fortifications & hard points , kit provides a very nice

representation of it ! my references state that the round came in use in March of 1943 , so very likly used at

kursk !

Anyone care to make a educated guess as to the paint scheme on the gun ?

I am thinking maybe dark yellow with olive green splotches , but not sure !

There is a chance that the dark paint on the picture is Panzergrey and the light colored paint dark yellow,the area behind the gunshield looks darker also.Notice the marking on the shield on dark paint.Many times they kept the markings on the original paint [panzer grey] and sprayed the new paint [dark yellow] leaving the markings on the original untouched...very typical for the year 1943,with the official introduction of dark yellow and a shortage of the new paint.
....That's my educated guess. ;)

Looking forward to the next steps,Joey. :popcorn

Greetings,Ron.

Looking forward to this one :) have the same kit here halfbuilt, it's a very nice kit but as with afv club and others nowadays, a lot of small fiddly bits that is difficult to build as it is shown in the instructions! can't remember if there was some issues with the instruction or not.
double check the drawings because it's not always easy to see where the parts are going!
Good luck with the build and i agree with Ron about the paint scheme.
//Mats

Cool stuff. This a kit I have looked at and wondered about. Might have to give it a try.
James

Back