• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Ju87G-1 1/72nd - I am totally insane

Thanks Mats, appreciate it.

I understand why they have a law against displaying nazi symbols, but this is a very grey area. What do they do with all the historical evidence ? Is there nothing displayed in museums for example?

On top of that, the swastika is not a German symbol. It is thousands of years old and seen in other cultures as a symbol of prosperity and stuff like that.

Anyway, I have to play with what I have, or don't have in this case.

Laurence

Paints are HERE !!! :yipee

Primed and preshaded - well an attempt at preshading ...or something ....AB-ing with black primer on top the grey one is what it is really .....

h9907400.JPG

hae91150.JPG

Laurence

We should have color on it by now..:popcorn

Your wish is my command :notworthy

h7bb662a.JPG

h743825d.JPG

Two out of the three colours are on - third one coming up. The stupid thing is this last one is enamel as the acrylic one was not available at my supplier :vmad :vmad :vmad

Then the canopy and decals and all last minute details.

Laurence

Go go go :ro: :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan :D

It's on now, some lines need minor corrections but that will have to wait a little bit longer as I don't want to touch the enamel. Saturday is going to be a busy day :fencing

Laurence

Painted - corrections need to be made here and there. I am not unhappy with the result as it is my first ever plane where I used masking - tells you a lot about how keen I am to model planes :D

h9fbea4f.JPG

Laurence

Thank you James, Ian and Luiz :notworthy

Yesterday was D-Day as in Decals Day :D

Results below - Could have been heaps better but overall not a total mess ...

he92e42d.JPG

h9390347.JPG

The tail swastikas are missing from the kit - that's a shame but I have decided to challenge that :fencing

I have noticed that there are two sets of markings, complete with balkenkreuz, letters GS-MH. So. I am taking the balkens, chop them up so the four white angles will form the swastikas - the one showing in the pic only has three sides to it. Then, the letter H from each set will be cut and placed in the middle so the swastika will appear as a white contour line, not a solid symbol.

That's what happens when you have loads of time to spend on a build :smack

Laurence

Thanks Ian,

I haven't been able to find evidence on that one, all I know is that what it says on the kit. Hauptmann Rudel St.G2, since it's a G-1 it's probably around 1942-1943 - again, haven't had much time to do proper research.

For what I have in mind it's gotta be Rudel's plane though but I have to make do with the kit unfortunately.

Cheers mate,

Laurence

Back