• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Academy Ju87G-1 1/72nd - I am totally insane

White_Wolf

Master at Arms
I don't know what I'm thinking .... :blink

hd83f6e6.JPG

Campaign ends on the 19th and I don't even have the colors for this thing ..... :smack

On top of that, my airplane modeling skills are :sick: :sick: :sick:

Suppose the best thing to say is that I love a challenge :fencing

Laurence

Holy Cow, OK Laurence, you got 5 days, git'er done! I got a Me109 I bought for this campaign but never even opened the box. Bench time is so rare now...

Thanks mate, working on it. For the purpose of the campaign the model will do, but there's more to it than just the bird. Details later on.

Off to finding the Vallejo equivalents to RLM paints, order them tonight, have them delivered express mail and also come up with some figures too. GEEEEZ wacko stuff :gogo

I think your skills will more than suffice for this Lawrence. You build very very nicely.
James :popcorn

Nice to see another stuka! i mixed my colors from tamiya paints, not sure they are perfect but it will do for me :) hope you get it done in time for the campaign!

//Mats

Thanks for the vote of confidence gets, appreciate it :notworthy

Paints were ordered, figures in place after some tweaking. I was lucky to find two seated driver figures in an older kit, only had to adjust the arms a little bit. I'll be posting some progress pics today. Fingers crossed that paints arrive today :v

Laurence

Progress pic below. Cockpit needs painting then it will join the wings (completed). Paints not here yet although it was supposed to be next day delivery and Post says it should have been :vmad :vmad :vmad

hb62f7b9.JPG

Laurence

Progress pic below. Cockpit needs painting then it will join the wings (completed). Paints not here yet although it was supposed to be next day delivery and Post says it should have been :vmad :vmad :vmad

hb62f7b9.JPG

Laurence
Yeah this is a great model to build Just those damn decals :popcorn

Not to mention the missing swastika on the tail - illegal in Germany to display even on a model ?????

Yes i had to order a set with swastikas for my Revell stuka, and i also learned to be careful when buying stuff from german sellers on shows, because if there is a swastika or skull in the kit it have been removed or painted over with a permanent marker, sucks!
I wonder how they are allowed to sell kits of german military vehicles at all?

I wonder what they say about showing the finnish swastika? it was the same as the german but blue, and they were not nazi's.

You're making nice progress! :good: hope you get those paints on time :frantic

//Mats

Back