• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

A-4F VA-152 * * F I N I S H E D * *

A-4F VA-152 'Wild Aces' 1970

Well it's done !!

Just letting the satin varnish dry dry now, then add the cannons and slats. Final job will be unmasking the canopy. Looking forward to getting the pics up for y'all.

Ian.

...and we're finished. Considering the plastic dates from the very early 1980's this is a very nice, if less detailed option to the Hasegawa kit. There were more than a few 'issues' with the construction process but all of those were down to my own impatience and deficiencies.

I've included a photo of VA-152's skipper at the time, Commander Gerard M. Sturm, this wouldn't have been his 'ride', but I'd like to think that the CAG let him fly it from time-to-time. Quite by chance, when I was researching VA-152, I found that Cdr. Sturm took command on the 28th January 1970... That is the exact date of my 7th birthday and the exact day I was given my first-ever plastic model kit...

:eek:ldguy

On with the pics:

Kit - Italeri (Esci) 1:48
Paint - All enamels over acrylic base-coats.
Decals - CAM 48-042
Extras - Loadout from various sources.

Douglas A-4F Skyhawk
Assigned to the Air Group Commander CVW-8
VA-152 'Mavericks'
USS Shangri-La
Tonkin Gulf, mid 1970.

hcfaf9a2.gif

h10ad4ff.jpg

hc630ecd.jpg

hb8f3325.jpg

hd75ab95.jpg

hd3f9842.jpg

h3a38052.jpg

h9684715.jpg

h7dbe939.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment, and thanks also for the encouragement along the way (I never take that for granted). As ever all comments, criticism and questions are welcome.

AFN

Ian.

Very nice looking Scooter (y) . I love the NAVY color schemes of that era .

Interesting load as well . High drags and an anti radiation missile :good:

Are those canopy closed lines I see on it ? :hmmm

Congratulations on a very nice build (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Great looking model Ian! :notworthy

I must admit I like your WWII era models better. ;)

BTW, have you learned of the Jeremy Clarkson suspension? This may well be the end of Top Gear. :frantic

Matrixone

BTW, have you learned of the Jeremy Clarkson suspension? This may well be the end of Top Gear. :frantic

Matrixone

Already signed the petition to have him re-instated ;)

Thanks for the very kind comments, chaps. Always appreciated. Going to continue with the STAP & Battle Droid and the MiG 23. Updates on those two in the very near future.

Ian.

Back