• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PaK43 - Update 9 - Washing

goddamnit! :pinch:

have a guess - yeah! another round of stripping and repainting!

i know, it's getting boring but try to imagine how i feel and how much i'm annoyed!

the paints gave me a hard time, the iwata hp-sb demands heavy duty thinning or else you're in deep trouble, trouble i found myself in yesterday until i found the thinning ratio mix!

today's accident:

camo5~0.jpg

:soldier

Hi,

In my personal opinion this attempt looks very good (y)
I would be very satisfied with the result and leave it as is.

Compliments, Willem

Liked the first attempt,and really like this one. Your patience and perseverance are truly amazing. I couldn't strip and repaint a kit that many times. (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

I'll back these guys up- looks really nice to me! If you want to re-do it, by all means do- it's your gun after all! ;D

:hmmm I like this one, but you are the one that must be satisfied. Stay on it I know the results will be great.

B)

Well then......I like this accident more than the others.
I think you can work your magic with this one.
Hang in there Laura !

Mike B)

Since there's an echo in here, I'll chime in too. I like the latest version and think once you start filtering and weathering, it will look great! (y)

i know, it's getting boring but try to imagine how i feel and how much i'm annoyed!

camo5~0.jpg

Know how you feel,been there.
You may not like the camo,but in real life is sure would break up the shape of the shield.[a thing camo colors are supposed to do]
You could leave the PAK 43 in it's base color,the by me known surviving guns are all in DunkelGelb,and maybe add some camo nets. :hmmm

What ever you decide,I know it will be just fine! :)

Greetings,Ron.

last chapter of the camo drama! still suboptimal and under my abilities to put it polite but close enough to carry on!

next step washing! together with the flak18 ...

Camouflage - The Great Commandment

stripped and basepainted (again!)

strippedagain.jpg

the camo i had in mind monday evening (close to)

definitecamo1.jpg

definitecamo2.jpg

like in my previous attempt you can see that i had problems with the paint thinning ratio but not as much as the last time ... whatever - i leave it as it is in any case this time ... painting four times is enough!

:soldier

My Goodness,

I 'd be happy I reached this stage and here you are changing your clothes, I mean camouflage, like a nervous teenager before a date!

Regards,

Amazing Laura! i would have been more than happy with one of your first tries!
Looking forward to see next step :)
//Mats

I think it looks good Laura, and again under the weathering when everything merges together you will be pleased. Were you going to breakup the barrel some or leave it monotone?
James

I'm beginning to think you like this stage, strip paint blah...strip paint blah...strip paint blah...

I'd think this one would be a keeper (y)

Back