• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PaK43 - Update 9 - Washing

LAURA ,

Rock-On ! This turned out lookin Spiffy ! I'm lookin forward to th weathering !!

Great Job ! I dig th Pre-Fade ! Cool concept !

:erik

the camo - there was neatly applied camo (the picasso stug e.g.) and there was not so neatly applied camo, done in a haste and by a not so skillfull crew member ...

... the latter was what i wanted to recreate - and indeed it isn't neat looking. i know what i did wrong - i used a round brush and should have used a round and a flat. add a speck of color with the round one and do a quick stroke with the flat one - that way it would have turned out like i wanted.

but alas - the camo stays like it is!

the camo at the base of the barrel was an accident, me stupid touched the barrel with the green loaded brush, so i added more blobs and wiped each spot with a finger to give them a frazzled look ... at least that turned out not too bad ...

next stop - washing with dark brown (that will be done with both 88s i have in the work at the moment)

Esther Ofarim - Nique Nac No Muse

camo1~0.jpg

camo2~0.jpg

camo3~0.jpg

:soldier

Looks interesting Laura. I think under a coat of weathering it will blend in the way you want. Good tip about 2 brushes,never thought of doing that before. Wicked looking gun.
James

Interesting approach, Laura. I'm thinking James is right about the weathering, looking forward to your finish. :drinks

I think it looks great! nothing wrong with that cammo paint job. I've seen worse on the real thing! LOL

this morning i applied another try of camo and although it's closer to what i have in mind it's still crap!

guess what will be my next step ... *sigh*

Hi Laura,

Great build (y) I liked the "old" camo you did, but now I'm looking forward what you are going to do with it now! I'm sure it will work out fine (y)

:popcorn :popcorn :popcorn

Erik

ok now - stripped the shield and repainted it! second take on the camo was more horrible than the first one ... on to take three - but not without making up my mind on what camo i will do (maybe some neatly applied with ab instead of brush work) and how i will do it!

brml!

Drunkness - H2O

the even worse camo (at least a little bit how i wanted it but very badly executed)

camo4~0.jpg

stripped (it's telling tales that i liked that appearance most so far!!!)

stripped.jpg

repainted

repaint.jpg

:soldier

Quickchange Camo!

I like them all really, I think once you filter and weather, get it all blended in it'll work. :popcorn

Back