• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

88mm PaK43 - Update 9 - Washing

I think I would have skipped the dollies. Looks like a lot of small parts. (y)

Looking good, can't wait for the paint stage. (y)

time for first colors - i want to give the gun a battle worn optic so i thought it would be a nice idea of doing some fading before the actual paint is applied. on red primer that's not done easily, so i started with broader stripes of white as a base for the three consecutive colors.

those are: mint green, ice blue and umbra

tomorrow (hopefully) i'll cover that with a thin layer of sand yellow - the primer and the four colors used as prefading should give a nice impression of dark yellow (we will see!)

maybe i end up starting all over again - keep your fingers crossed that that won't happen!

The Cassandra Complex - VALIS

the colors:

colors.jpg

the gun and bogies in their ugly duckling stage before they hopefully will become a swan:

bogiescolored.jpg

guncolored.jpg

:soldier

A great experiment! I've seen some people use this technique to great effect- I'm watching with interest, Laura!

Oh damn this is getting interesting :woohoo:

Laura I sort of like the look you have already but it should make an hell of an interesting preshade. :popcorn

Preshading armor??? :popcorn

armor should always be preshaded! what i tried to do here is spare me the dot fading method later and incorporate that into the paint work, so this is some sort of prefading ...

well, it didn't quite turn out like i hoped but also didn't turn out like i feared - i have to further experiment with the primer (grey or white) and the colors for the first layer. so far the outcome looks promising!

like stated above, it doesn't look like i wanted it to look but it doesn't look all too shabby too - for the first try of that painting approach i'm quite satisfied ...

The Neon Judgement - Chinese Black

somewhere in between all the bench mess ( :blush: ) you can see the gun:

paint1.jpg

close up of the shield so you can see the subtle vertical stripes shining through the yellow, in reality that effect is a bit better to see than in the pic:

paint2.jpg

:soldier

All I really see is just one hellava mother #$%^&^% Barrel :rotf

This gun looks all business Laura and I love what youre doing.

Beautiful (y) (y) (y) I can see some of the prefading. What an interesting way to do this. Would love to see more as you develop the style. Very nice.
James

Very Nice Laura. (y) I tried pre-shading a cpl of times but it didn't work out to well so I stick for now with post shading.

Joe

Back