• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

The tarp is really a nice addition, I've never tried to make one. It would be a good SBS for Sprue U (nudge, nudge)!

I took some pictures last night but haven't had time to upload them to our easy to use Modeler's Alliance Photo Gallery... (y)

But I have a question. The tissue seems to be getting weak, at first the white glue gave it some strength and it was holding up well. As I have added some layers of filters and pigments to it, it seems to be effecting the whiteglue and it's behaving more like tissue now.

What can I put on the tissue to make it rigid again without effecting the plastic under it?

So you used white glue to strengthen the tarp and now using acylics to weather ?

Id use enamel as a basecoat or acylic and then put a varnish over the top to protect and then you can weather to your hearts content without fear of breaking down the strength

I know I already pm'd you but Mr Surfacer might do it. I've used that before. Maybe try 1000 rather than the 500.
James

I use 500 and 1200 but rarely feel a need to use 1000, I think 1000 would be perfect for this! Again, thanks James, this should work fine.

RLM 72 over Mr Sufracer

Then a little dot filter
DSCF0340%7E0.jpg

DSCF0341%7E0.jpg

DSCF0342.jpg

Think I will do something light around the folds of the flaps and the tiedowns to bring them out..

Thoughts??

Really Eric, I guess I really don't know how to weather up a armor piece. Flat coat and dusting is the order of the day. rock on...

Nice one Pups

The tarp really looks the part :)

My only thing to say would be the top of the tarp would be a lot lighter due to bleaching effects of the sun

:nothingtoad

Back