• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

I'm going to make it!!! Really, I am!

havegun56.jpg

whacha think? It's already passed the Cindy test, she knew what it was suppose to be.

I tried to score the blue board insulation last night, it seems more dense than the thinner stuff I have for the sidewalks. Guess i'm going tohave to actually carve out the groves of the brick work...or make it a dirt road...Would that be feasible, brick paved sidewalks and dirt road??

I like it pups (y) (y) (y)

Heres something else that you can use for cobblestones ,..break up polystyrene into those little half balls they look quite effective when done (y)

When I did my road for my Well project, I scored the foam with a single edge razor blade and a straight edge. I then wiggled the blade side to side in the score, making it a little wider and rougher looking. Sounds like you're making this harder than it is.

IMG_3833.JPG

IMG_3834.JPG

You did peel off the plastic "skin" from the blue board, right? (y) (y)
:soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier :soldier

No skin and sharp blade makes a lot of difference.

Well this is going to do it for me for modeling for about a week.

:vmad :vmad

The light blue foam board reacts much more differently to the lacquer based Mr Surfacer than the dark blue foam board.....

Back to square one.... :nothingtoad

Well, I do have a Hobby Lobby in town now. May swing over there and check out the matt board options.

Here's what I had just prior to meltdown

havegun57.jpg

havegun58.jpg

I'm going to do the road and sidewalks with the dark blue board. Just found out i've been volunteered for some duty tomorrow. May pull midnight oil on this this evening.

:vmad hate when that happens! not pretty to see all that nice work melt down, hope it goes better with the other foam!
Very nice layout (y) (y)
//Mats

OK, looking over the Militaria Archive website that was just shared with us and I see this picture.

OstFront_Map161.jpg

Now this is a question from a totally ignorant American regarding roads. The road surface looks paved. Would this had been a dirt road pressed and compacted or paved with asphalt? I really don't want to carve 18 inches worth of stone pavers again. If I can texture up some foam board and paint it, I'll go with it.

In the cities and also bigger roads were paved, not sure how widely concrete were used during the war as roadpaving? (autobahn for example) i know here in belgium it's a mix of stones, concrete and asphalt these days and it's a pain to ride here sometimes (like riding a train, dunk dunk dunk....).
//Mats

So it would be plausible to have brick showing through an overlayment of asphalt. Shoot, we have that here on some of the old roads downtown.

Back