• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

It's a Tent! :P

I'm seeing the end game on these now. Just have to figure out a simple base to put them on, once I join them it will be too hard to move them without a base.

Droppin this on ya then...

DSCF0344.jpg

Will someone please tell me what that firehose looking thing is and Is the highlight too light??

DSCF0345.jpg

Did a white filter over the top. Dry brushed with the base color.

DSCF0346.jpg

DSCF0347.jpg

DSCF0348.jpg

not sure why it's still so shiny, I'll hit it with some dull coat again tomorrow.

DSCF0349.jpg

Whacha think?

Looks good to me Moon, but what do I know, I'm just and wingy thing guy. I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't know what all these bells and whistles are for !:gogo

I'm liking it, Bob! The white's a little stark to my eye, maybe a real lite tan to brown wash to tone it down a little? I like the overall look very much.

Getting there Bob. Liking what I see. Dont forget the rubber pads on the track though.
JAmes

I have never named my tracks, and mulligan seems like a mouthfull really, how about Sid? That sounds better. Really just give them a very dark brown wash and all will be fine. (y)

Sorry James, I got a doctors excuse....Track tedium would take it's toll on me. Maybe more washing though.

"Fire Hose lookin things"???
They could daisy chain wire several guns together and have fire control from a single location.

That's my understanding anyway.
Tony lee:)

Going back to touch up the details over looked previously. Here's the cable with .015 inch solder, which is far more malleable than stainless steel. I do not like the twist, should be tighter but this is what I'm going with.
havegun50.jpg

havegun51.jpg

havegun52.jpg

I totally forgot to install that blackout light fixture. Going to try and do it now. it's going to stick out like a sore thumb I know...

havegun53.jpg

havegun54.jpg

I played with the pigments some, hoping this is looking like mud splashed about. I used Terry's muddy tire treatment technique, pigment the tire then dry brush with flat black or whatever you're using for your tire color. I used grimy black on the halftrack tire, flat black on the gun.

These fire control wire spools has me held up right now. I tried to use the kit supplied stuff but found it too springy, going to use a thicker solder. Once I get that done, and mount on a base, I'll call it done.

Why don't you try some monofiliment fishing line. That cable wouldn't be more than 1/2 inch in dia RL I wouldn't think.
Wrap it around the spool,ca the end down and paint it gloss black.
Mud looks fine.

Tony lee

I got some no-see-um fishing line i used for rigging on the Sopwith Pup, I know that would be too thin. Glad you lke the mud cause I ain't putting any more on. Still scared of messing with pigments much. :mpup

When ever I wonder about the scale of something like that I lay it across a figures hand to get an idea.

Redneck ingenuity :hmmm
Tony lee

Back