• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

Image dump...no time to talk about all of this.

You can see I tried out the Migs Oil and grime product. the big glob in the middle of the cargo bed, let me know what you think.
DSCF0327.jpg

DSCF0328.jpg

DSCF0329.jpg

DSCF0330.jpg

DSCF0331.jpg

DSCF0332.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

DSCF0334.jpg

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0336.jpg

DSCF0337.jpg

DSCF0338.jpg

DSCF0339.jpg

One thing I need to know, the license plate, registration plate up front, what code should be used for a AA unit in Northern France?

MOONIE,

Lookin Shaaaarp !! For th Oil stain - If it's still wet ... think about maybe taking a brush & drag a small part of it toward the Tailgate ... to make it look like someone dragged off a leaky oil drum ? Other wise I think your Gettin 'er Done !!

On th A.A. - question .. I don't have My Normandy reference handy at th moment. I'll check , but I can't promise I'll have an answer .... I bet SHARK will know ! :D

This is Lookin' Great Moonie !!

Better clean up that oil before someone slips and gets hurt! Looking good, Bob! I like what you've done with it! (y)

Thanks everyone...I think you're being kind to me but thanks just the same. OK I'm going to slop some oil around the gun, finish the decals of the HT and work on makign this tilt I've been talking about.

All day to do it..nothing on the radar for today..

It's completion weekend!

III Flak Korps was on duty during the Normandy Invasion.

Organisation June 1st, 1944:

* Stab/Flak-Regiment 11 (mot.)
* Stab/Flak-Regiment 20 (mot.)
* Stab/Flak-Regiment 129 (mot.)
* Stab/Flak-Regiment 132 (mot.)
* Stab/Flak-Regiment 431 (mot.)
* Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 136

Reorganized in June of 1944, when Stab/20. Flak-Brigade arrived, and took control of the regiments of the division.

Regards,

This is really starting to look the part, I like the way the colors have turned out after some weathering.

Excellent job so far. (y)

You can also go with any panzer or panzergrenadier div that was in Normandy as they all wuld have had 88s in their flak abteilung and also in their stab and recon units. So you would be OK with Panzer Lehr,116 Pz,21Pz,2Pz,1,2,9,10 and 12th SS Pz,17SS Pzgren,etc,etc. Also several Luftwaffe field div. It's quite a long list of units to chose from. HTH
J

Thanks for the info guys, lots to work with.

Here's the make or break.

DSCF0002.jpg

The TILT for the cargo bay. Not sure what colors to paint it yet, or what to do to make it stronger. I used diluted white glue to work it over. The glue dried out and gave some strength to the tissue. I've been told the canvas stuff for the Germans was khaki, ok...what is khaki, just going to start some color and work some filters over it. Who knows what color it will turn out.

DSCF0003%7E0.jpg

Same thing for the breach cover.

That's cool Erik, it's all hidden now, what they don't know wont hurt them.

I dont' have Field Grey #2, so I did RLM 72. It's much lighter in hue on the tissue.

So, if you were to filter this closer to what Field Grey #2, what would you use?

That's cool Erik, it's all hidden now, what they don't know wont hurt them.

I dont' have Field Grey #2, so I did RLM 72. It's much lighter in hue on the tissue.

So, if you were to filter this closer to what Field Grey #2, what would you use?

Googleing it, that looks okay too. Just do your regular weathering.
James

MOONIE,

A straight Canvas color would also be acceptable. Even if you took a Canvas(Khaki) color & for wear- dry brushed it with a Khaki Drab , or added a little bit of Canvas( Khaki + a dab of Olive Drab) I've seen some examples of the Covers being a Canvas color & painted with the Red Brown of either the Green bands. All I think would be acceptable. Similar to the Pattern on the HT but more of a stripe type of thing.

Personally I dig th Canvas( Vallejo) or Khaki ( Tamiya) & dry brush with th Drab Khaki color. ..... Just My $.02 (USD)

:drinks

Well after I filter this stuff we're not going to be able to tell what color it started as anyway. Thanks for the help folks. Strangely enough, the white glue really has strengthened up the tissue, not rock solid but pretty strong.

Back