• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

8 Ton Halftrack and 88 mm gun

Kitestring works very well to replicate tow cables. And it isn't fuzzy like most of the kit supplied strings.

Joe

i like the tow cable how it is but IIRC there's a length of twisted wire supplied with the voyager set, why didn't you use that one?

the AFV Club fire control cable sucks - i couldn't glue it down and whenever i had the cable done it unwinded itself immediately - after three futile attempts i gave up and used way too thick soldering wire but who cares ...

your combo is coming along very nice - keep up the good work! :mpup

:mpup

Outstanding !!!! Great Job. !! Great Weathering all th Way around !! I love th weathering & th look that you have on th HT.

Very Realistic !!

:ro: :ro: :drinks

Final stretch, first time for me, a proper base to support the Halftrack and 88.

First we start with the really nice base that Mike made. Using this insulation blue board to build up road and sidewalks. You see the Well from Well Done in use. Didn't finish that in time but I don't want to let such a nice kit.

havegun55.jpg

Tomorrow I'll start sloppin' around some dry wall putty and see what happens.

making a base ... that's what's still burning under my fingernails!

yours is looking lovely, everything will be top drawer when combined in this layout!

Hope it's not going to be something like this when you start sloppin' around that putty! :pinch:
drywall_eat_in_area.jpg

The base is lookin' great and so does the HT and the88 (y) (y)

Comming along really nicely Bob. Looking forward to seeing your method of making the stone work. Still havent decided how I will do mine.
James

:kicks dirt and snuffles off out of site.

I didn't get anything done today. Nothing on this at least...Promise, I will have some putty splattered this week.

Back