• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/96 scale USS Constitution build.

The upper ratlines are finished. I've also added the studding booms to their stowed positions
20230312_185120.jpg
20230312_185203.jpg
20230312_185017.jpg
on the channels.

Looking really good Tim! I like how the ratlines have turned out on this.

Also looks like you have jumped off to a start on the HMS Victory in the background as well.

Looking really good Tim! I like how the ratlines have turned out on this.

Also looks like you have jumped off to a start on the HMS Victory in the background as well.
Thanks Eagle. The Victory is next. Not enough room in my shop or in my Brain to work on both at the same time.

Your USS Constitution continues to amaze and astound me! I try not to slobber too much. I mostly fail. :salute::tens:

Simply wow...

I recall having classmates chip in (we were in groups) to get Pyro's Christopher Columbus ships for a school project. I got to build them and was so proud but now I know they were... 💩
Not my photo but I remember the boxes.
s-l1600.jpg

She's beautiful. What are those long p[oles lashed to the side for? At first I thought a gaff hook but it is too big. Where those for the flying sails?
James

PS I know nothing about ships so you're probably scratching your head and saying What is this guy smoking?)

Simply wow...

I recall having classmates chip in (we were in groups) to get Pyro's Christopher Columbus ships for a school project. I got to build them and was so proud but now I know they were... 💩
Not my photo but I remember the boxes.
s-l1600.jpg
Those were the days! Things were so much simpler. Note; the description on the instructions, 'Antique Ship' 👍

She's beautiful. What are those long p[oles lashed to the side for? At first I thought a gaff hook but it is too big. Where those for the flying sails?
James

PS I know nothing about ships so you're probably scratching your head and saying What is this guy smoking?)
Yep James, that's exactly what those are. The booms for the main & fore yard studding sails.

I was holding of on doing the lower Mast ratlines. But apparently others that had the same idea regretted doing so because with the yards in place it made the job even more tedious, than it already is. So here we go with the lowers. Working my up on the mizzen...
20230408_181940.jpg

Back