• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 Sparviero - Vigna di Valle II - COMPLETED!

Thanks master. I am quite happy with the result, specially when you look at the real model - it looks quite similar in my opinion.

Cheers

Alex

What was your crime? What do you have to atone for so cruelly?

It looks great, really - well, only, I've spottet a green dot right at the end of the fuselage next to the fin, thats a little out of shape ... :bigrin:

just kidding, it looks really good

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I am actually very proud of this one. I reckon it is one of my best ones (which is not much but still), and the painting was a challenge on itself.
I will keep experimenting with these crazy Italian camos, my goal is to eventually reach an "airbrush-like" finish just with the brushes.

@Impisi: LOL, I guess I have missed that spot. Maybe I should redo the whole thing?

Thanks for looking. Now on to new challenges. Maybe the Corpo Aereo Italiano in Belgium in 1940? A few Fiats could do the trick.

Cheers

Alex

I agree, it is one of your best ones yet. I do see a tremendous improvement on your work Alex; I believe you are well on your way to achieving an airbrush-like finish with your brushes. Keep them coming Alex, you've been education me even more on how extensive the participation by the Italians was in so many theaters of the war.

Thanks a lot Jon and Dave, much appreciated.
@Duke Maddog: Mark, it is a pleasure to read your comments you are always so supportive. I am an Italian citizen, my family is originally from the Veneto, so I am passionate about all things Italian. I guess in a way I try to show people that the misconcept of a weak, coward participation in WWII is greatly undeserved. There were many brave Italians fighting, with much inferior equipment. They deserve our recognition.
And besides, can you find any design more beautiful than Italian? :lol:

I didn't realize you were Italian Alex, I have thought for a while to bring up an "Italian Campaign" build with separate ribbons for aircraft and armor.

I have always like the SM.79 Alex. I am waiting on HPH to produce the 1/32 scale kit that is in planning. I knew several years ago they were planning on a 1/32 Me323 Gigant (which is now soon to come out) and have some photos of the SM.79 in development.

HPH SM79 1-32.jpg

@Heavens Eagle: That is some model Paul! must be gigantic. You would have the opportunity to work it down to the wires... I am sure you would make an amazing Sparviero.
I am Italian albeit born and raised in Brazil (from one side); from my father's side I am 1/2 German, 1/4 Portuguese and 1/4 Scottish. A complete Mongrel in other words.
I would most certainly participate in an Italian Campaign - including the Regia Aeronautica, Regio Esercito and Regia Marina (AF, Army and Navy) if it was up to 1946;
Cheers

Alex

I agree Alex, the Italians always got a bad rap in the second World War. I know they can be ferocious and brave soldiers. I would also look into participating in an Italian campaign.

Back