• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Savoia-Marchetti SM.79 AS Sparviero in 1/72

Flyingbabydoc

Hi friends,

Sorry I have been AWOL, the situation is not very good corona-wise in Germany right now, still preparing for the immunization.

In any case, just as a relief from the whole stress I built my favorite aircraft, the old Gobbo Maledetto - Sparviero in the colors of the 281 Squadriglia. This aircraft, based in Gadurra (Rhodes) was also flown by Capt. Faggioni in torpedo attack missions in the Mediterranean.

This is the Italeri 1/72 with PE from Eduard and a base from Coastal Kits.

Right at the very end I am enclosing a picture of the same aircraft I modelled about 3 years ago. I am happy with the progress.

I hope you all have wonderful holidays and I sincerely pray that 2021 is a bit better than 2020.

Cheers

Alex

INTERIOR:
IMG_4751.jpg
IMG_4753.jpg
IMG_4754.jpg
IMG_4755.jpg
IMG_4756.jpg
IMG_4757.jpg
IMG_4759.jpg
IMG_4760.jpg
IMG_4761.jpg
IMG_4762.jpg
IMG_4763.jpg
IMG_4764.jpg
IMG_4765.jpg
IMG_4766.jpg

READY BIRD:

IMG_4741.jpg
IMG_4742.jpg
IMG_4743.jpg
IMG_4744.jpg
IMG_4745.jpg

DIORAMA:

IMG_4768.jpg
IMG_4769.jpg
IMG_4770.jpg
IMG_4771.jpg
IMG_4772.jpg
IMG_4773.jpg
IMG_4774.jpg
IMG_4775.jpg
IMG_4776.jpg
IMG_4777.jpg
IMG_4778.jpg
IMG_4779.jpg
IMG_4780.jpg

OLD BIRD

IMG_0944.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
HAY Doc. Alex!!!
Moonpuppy and I were just talking about you and was wondering how things are going over there. Great to see you posting!

I have to say that tri-motor is your best work and you can really see how far you have come over the years. I'm really likening everything from the interior details to the painting and light weathering on the exterior. The base is awesome and really shows off the completed model...WELL DONE!!
tenor.gif

Thank you so much my dear friends. It means a lot to me to see that my impression of getting better is not a figment of my imagination.
It has been such a tough year, still now so dangerous and worrisome. I am not sure when I will be able to spend some time in the bench again, or even at the forum, but please in no way that means I don’t value all the excellent work here done by you guys.
I may try some more spaghetti planes in the near future.
Until then please be safe.
All the best
Alex

Great work Alex, I agree with what the others have said! The final result looks great!
I have a couple of these in the stash, may end up building one in this scheme!

:Drinks:

Great job Alex!...this plane is beautiful!...

Um excelente ano de 2021 para você e sua família...espero que deixe 2020 no chinelo!!!

Abração

Luiz.

Wow, what a tremendous improvement Alex! I agree with others, this has to be your best one to date! This makes me want to build one of these. I always thought it was one of the most attractive planes in the Italian Air Force.

Thanks a lot again! I am sorry I haven't replied sooner, as I said not easy. Thanks so much for remembering my birthday @Heavens Eagle!
2021 has been even more difficult than 2020, but at lease I am fully immunized now so I am hoping that I can continue working without so many risks. Thankfully everyone healthy in the family, as I hope is the same with all of you.
I am preparing an even crazier camouflage for another SM.79. Stay tuned.

Cheers

Alex

Back