• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Fiat BR.20M COMPLETED

My 1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Plane 2 (Fiat BR.20M)

That's pretty much my experience with Eduards , particularly on smaller subjects.

I don't remember the BR.20 as being a kit that fits together perfectly.

The glass portions pretty much had to be sanded down to the contour of the fuselage and then masked back off. Even the second time around .

I think you're doing OK Alex . Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice job,Alex!...it looks so impressive :good:

P.S. : por aqui as coisas estao melhorando...muita esperanca com o novo governo!...

Tudo de bom e boas montagens!

Luiz

Brilliant job Alex! That is really looking good! I commend you for putting on the aerials so early; I would have waited till last. If I put mine on at this stage, I would invariably break them off at least six or seven times before I finished mine.

Way to go! I am really looking forward to the painting on this!

Thanks so much guys!

About the Aerials: I use suture threads (PDS or Prolene) which are VERY resistent to "Trauma". I prefer to put the Aerials very early on so that I can mask the holes with the painting and camo. Has worked so far well.

So ask and you shall receive: here is the Camouflage. This is a Version of the C1 scheme with a hint of orange in the Giallo Mimetico (Yellow) Background. I think it Looks ok, it was as smooth as I could get it. It took a few hours to complete but I had a lot of fun doing it :geek

I am planning on finishing up this Weekend and then getting the new Diorama base ready. After that, I have 3 campaigns planned: the SM.82 for the cargo, a Brazilian Mil Mi-35 for the Helicopters and 2 Little Fokkers for the WWI campaign.

Here the Images.

h7b6b3bc.JPG

h5454858.JPG

hd6118f0.JPG

h08ae417.JPG

h4387425.JPG

Cheers

Alex

Your brush painting skills are definitely going through major improvements Alex. This is looking really good! (y)

Brilliant job Alex!...very impressive camo job :good:

Luiz

Great job Alex, The only way to really do that is with a brush. Gary

Hi everyone

Many many thanks for the nice comments. I really appreciate your support. I am so happy to see (and feel) the improvement, I can't wait to tackle new challenges.

As for the Aerials, Christian, I looked everywhere for these EZ-Threads in Germany and could not find it. I am pleased though with the suture threads, there is almost an unendless supply of sutures that expire in the hospital - and I am pleased to "recycle" them...

Here the decals. Final touches and the diorama during the weekend. Next week I will start the SM.82.

Cheers

Alex

hc05029c.JPG

h884f70a.JPG

h928f580.JPG

Hi Alex . It's looking very good indeed :v

Cheers, Christian B)

Very nice job on this bird Doc ... only sold by http://berkshirejunction.com/ez-line/ but He could ship it too One roll would last a lifetime ... :pilot :woohoo: (y)

Thanks so much guys,

Still a bit skeptic about this EZ-thread, I am so used to suture threads... Hard to give up some old Habits. I will check it out though.

So the FIAT BR.20 is completed and already in the "big-base Sicillian Diorama". Again I attempted to build something that could be used for many airplanes - so you will be seeing a lot of this in the future.

I hope you like it.

Please join me next in the Campaign section - I will be Tackling the Marsupiale (Savoia-Marchetti SM.82).

Cheers and thanks again.

Alex

ha714471.JPG

h00ae527.JPG

h48a0634.JPG

ha94a40c.JPG

h7469fa2.JPG

hacacfb2.JPG

h4713122.JPG

Nice work on the airplane. This is the second time I've seen a model plane with a camo scheme I've never seen before.

Tim

Thank you so much guys. I really appreciate your comments and encouragement. Makes me feel like I could really get good at this Thing.

Now I am moving on to other pastures (Projects) in the campaign section. Before that, just a few Images of how versatile that Diorama turned out to be. Here is a side Project (another Italeri 1/72 SM.79 Sparviero of the 193° Squadriglia), a bomber Version of the SM.79, which I finished a few days ago. Hope you like it.

Cheers and see you in the SM.82 Thread

Alex

P.S. Luiz grande abraco e bom final de semana para ti!

hef3359e.JPG

h9b027f1.JPG

h9877e23.JPG

h5b58342.JPG

hc90899f.JPG

Back