• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Fiat BR.20M COMPLETED

My 1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Fiat CR.42 Completed

Dear Alex.

...great dio!...very nice painting job :good:

Luiz

Doc, I'm looking forward to seeing more. That dio base is brilliant, allowing you to display more than one plane. I need to make a few bases like that for photo purposes. The BR.20 is one I've never built; I'll be looking forward to seeing one of those.

The camo looks great Alex and I like the base too! (y) (y) (y)

My 1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Plane 1 COMPLETED!

Hello dear friends

So I am back from vacation and back to the Hobby. As promised, the Diorama is completed. I used an old armoured car from the Regio Esercito which I had build a while ago, and some spare parts as well as the CMK Resin Kit Italian pilots and mechanics.

h3260a8a.JPG

hb4047e6.JPG

hf35fbf3.JPG

h297a0f0.JPG

hecf477d.JPG

hb68aea8.JPG

As you can notice, I have experimented a new series of washes from AK Interactive an Ammo of Mig. They are AWESOME. Can't wait to try in the next models.

As you can see, the Diorama is also interchangeable - this is an Italeri Macchi C.202 I built recently "on the side". Works out great!

hffb15b6.JPG

h55b95cd.JPG

hc19ef75.JPG

That's all for today Folks. Later on the week I will post some early pics of the Fiat BR.20.

Thanks for looking

Alex
GREAT (y)

My 1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Plane 1 COMPLETED!

Love it Alex! Really neat, if I had to say something about the lay out I would question the rocks on the ground around the aircraft. If that was a prepared field those rocks would have been cleared but other than that, outstanding! (y)

Thank you so much everyone. Your comments and Support mean the world to me.

Bob, it is supposed to be an unprepared field. The further the Afrika Korps went towards Egypt the less prepared these "outposts" were. The idea here is a small outpost where a Pilot in Trouble could get some fuel... Thanks for the comment though, for my next Diorama I will make sure I pay Attention to that Detail.

Quick question: is there a Limit as to how big a thread can be? I plan on continue this for a while...

That said, here is the beginning of the Fiat BR.20. This was at one time the most modern bomber in Italy, given that it was the first all metallic. However, it proved to be a failure due to weak engines, small bomb load and insufficient guns. It worked ok in Spain, but was a disaster in England during the later phase of the Battle of Britain. One of such airplanes is here depicted. This is the Fiat BR.20M flown by Lt. Cigerza which ended up in a ditch in August 1941 (in Barce) due to double engine failure. Again a 1/72 Italeri with PE from Eduard. Enjoy!

h1ccf5bb.JPG

hfeb9bce.JPG

hb4f6695.JPG

This is the preliminary work in the fuselage with Verde Anti-Corrosione:

h63d9bf1.JPG

And the Cockpit:

h1e4e968.JPG

h6b004b8.JPG

h5b12484.JPG

hcaec723.JPG

Rear gunner gondola

h7eadac9.JPG

Engines

hd3065d3.JPG

And finally the Bomber aiming devices in the front:

h190dd2d.JPG

More to come soon. Have a nice Weekend everyone!

Alex

If it's a new build the thread title will be kinda confusing for folks but it's whatever you want to do Alex, no, in theory there are no limits on thread length.

Good start :popcorn

Built this kit a few years ago Alex so I am looking forward to your build. I didn't know Eduard made a PE set for this. Cool! :popcorn

Built this kit a few years ago Alex so I am looking forward to your build. I didn't know Eduard made a PE set for this. Cool! :popcorn

Me too, although mine was only a rebuild without extras :idonno

Looking forward to it :skipper

Late to the party but a beautiful finish on the CR.42 Alex!

Looking forward to the BR.20, I'd like to get one of those in 48 someday!

:popcorn

My 1/72 Regia Aeronautica: Plane 2 (Fiat BR.20M)

Thanks so much everyone!

So I am always trying something new, this time the washes. These are Enamel washes from Ammo of MIG and AK Interactive (seems that These are the same Company...) which actually worked out really well IMHO. The light is not good but you can see the subtle weathering. I am glad with the result. Remember, this is all in 1/72 so everything is smaller than it appears... :D :D

This is an old kit and it shows. The transparent parts are thick, the Details are non-existent and the overall assembly VERY cumbersome. But it is the only Option in 1/72 until someone decides to invest in Italian planes besides Italeri... Anyways, here the Progress so far.

Cheers

Alex

h32514d5.JPG

h38b2f1f.JPG

hbc0a323.JPG

h478f22c.JPG

he732ef7.JPG

h55257d9.JPG

Hey guys

I have been rather absent from the Forum this week. I am again acting chairman of the department for this and next week so almost no Progress done. All I have to add is the completion of the fuselage & wings and the coating with the primer. It was a frekking nightmare to join the fuselage with the PE inside but after a lot of cursing it went together somehow.

hbe67752.JPG

he1b619e.JPG

h1566258.JPG

h4e8c3ad.JPG

Then a ton of sanding and putty-filling until I got the damn thing smooth overall. Here the pics:

hb7457e4.JPG

h1580e44.JPG

Have a nice Weekend everyone

Cheers

Alex

It's looking good Alex , but you are starting to sound a lot like me :laugh:

I hate it when there is so little time to enjoy a hobby .

Cheers, Christian B)

An interesting aircraft Alex. Looking forward to seeing the camo scheme on it. Definitely the small assembly details are improving. (y)

Looking cool,Alex :good: ... :popcorn

Forte abraco :salute

Luiz

Thanks everyone...

The small details nearly drove me insane, Paul. This time nothing would fit as it was supposed to be. That's why there is so much glue Overall. Not good but at least somehow everything was glued together shut.

Here is the very small Progress: Aerials in place and the engine naceles already in the bright yellow used by the Regia in 1940.

h529fbd1.JPG

h0d50d61.JPG

he0ede95.JPG

Cheers

Alex

P.S. Abracos Luiz. Como estao as coisas ai com o Impeachment?

Back