• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Banshee Island

20220907_215048.jpg
Tamiya flat white, Vallejo bronze green, Tamiya silver and Tamiya Blue, overcoated with Tamiya Clear Blue.
Whaddya think?

20220908_181413.jpg
One more coat of clear gloss for the sea and she'll be ready to scan. This will give a guy plenty of space to display TLAR sized model islands, boats and ships. When it's all done, I'm gonna stick a HUGE palm tree on my Hide-away Key, just for the fun of it! Maybe a treehouse lookout too!
Thanks for looking in again!

Need some scale, how big is that?
8 1/2 X 11. Every Tiki-bar and Island Set customer gets a PDF to print as often as they like. Several of the set's other Islands aren't in the picture.
I would print them and put them in the box, but the ocean shouldn't really have a big crease in the middle, should it?
I wondered about printing this on glossy photo paper. :hmm:

OH YEAH!!! Glossy photo paper looks funking AMAZING!!
HINT! Remember to align the printer heads or you'll make Ocean Football field.

20220915_183439.jpg20220915_183445.jpg20220915_183658.jpg
The predicted huge palm tree has taken root on Hide-away Key. It is 150 scale feet tall. The trunks of the Wee-Scapes palms are made of malleable metal wire. I drew on the brown segment rings with a fine Sharpie. The crow's nest came from a model ship detail set I bought some time ago. Iron Mike's Tiki-Bar may get a bit of shade and fair warning for approaching vessels with thirsty crewmen.
The big Palm is not included in the kit.
Thanks again for looking in! :drunksailor::lol::shark:

Hide-away Key could be a little short on recreational activities without a boat or ship.
Harangue Iron Mike and his bar wenches. Get the begeeebers sunburned out of you. Get knee-walkin' tight, climb up to the crow's nest and moon the phantoms of Banshee Rock. Puke into the ocean from the huge, swaying palm. Bobbing for coconuts. Play tag with sharks. Hide in the sand and catch Albatross to roast. Peanut butter and Jellyfish sandwiches? Count the constellations as they march across the night sky. Awaken with tasty crabs nibbling on your toes. Try to talk a Colombian submarine skipper into taking you to Miami?

Ok, It might be more fun than I originally imagined. :lol:

Imagine this was your "Office". Loads of "goods" that need "imported". Make the deals, entertain the Captains. Sherry Ann and her crew of buxom, yummy cut-throats? 10% for The Big Guy? Your finger on the pulse of the blue water supply chain? Sounds great, don't it?
Like a Caribbean Jabba the Hutt, only with a Colt's model 1911, great tan, no sinus troubles and bare feet? Your own boat? Lard-burner or Blow-boat? If I haven't made a vessel you like, speak up! (YGBSM!?!)
Florida work clothes.jpgIMG_E7656.JPGLinda Vaughn 1974.jpg
Remember Captain Sherry Ann in her "Work Clothes"? Her Crew?

Santa on Vacation (2).JPG
Santa might drop by on vacation!
Free your imagination! Even if you have a really shitty job, there is an escape!

20221007_063834.jpg
I find I think Iron Mike needs more real estate for his Tiki-Bar. Some Beach. Some where.
A smarter mold and improved masters? Maybe.

20221109_181358.jpg
A little leftover resin and some wet-sanding sometimes becomes an interesting island or reef. These do not get molded or recast. They are included as bonus freebies for TLAR Models customers.

20221113_164037.jpg20221113_164046.jpg20221113_164054.jpg
The new Kit went for sale tonight. The "Island Expansion Pack" is included. Since every stray hunk of resin looks like a reef, sandbar or island to me, extras will be included, as usual. It doesn't sell for a hell of a lot more than the original kit did. Hobby $$ are dear these days.

20221119_051229.jpg
Famous last words? I think islands should have some beach (somewhere). Mastering bigger islands and flat objects on the edge should minimize waste and make cleaning up the pour stub easier. Maybe new islands will accompany the US Coast Guard FRC/WPSS kit. :bm:
I notice not many other waterline scale manufacturers make any sort of island.

Back