• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Banshee Island

Rhino

Super Moderator
I do NOT nean this to be a sales pitch! M/A members that wanted much of TLAR Models kits could have bought by now.
I play with my little ships. I'm not ashamed of it, but I DO!
This thread is to illustrate techniques I have learned. Mostly from Armor Guys over the years.

h58ee939_2019-03-26.jpg

No, that's not what I wanted! OOPS! BFA! Ain't NO Armor theyer!!

h81efb52.JPG

Banshee Island. part of the next 1/700 TLAR kit. Rum Runners & Smugglers. The Cigaerette boat & the 110' Commercial Freezer Trawler are in this set, to name a few!!
I know I should have shot the whole Island in Black, but I didn't.
So! Off we GO!!

I realized that the process of washing, dry-brushing and weathering would not yield much contrast on our Site.
I am The King of boring the dog-snot out of all y'all with every minute detail, so this project will be streamlined!

h26d4a86.JPG

brighter green wash, brown shading, a little beach progress. light gray & sandgelb dry-brushing. I thought a touch of purple-black on the "Face" of the Banshee cave, then flat coat. Banshee Island is part of a 5 piece Island set for background 1/700 play/display. The Smooth On mold RTV leaves the finish unharmed.

hc6aa708.JPG

While I was on lay-off, I imagined back-stories for every little thing I mastered. "IN Another World" has had a profound effect on my TLAR projects.

I didn't pour this mold yet because a Holley 780 double-pumper needs float level adjustment nuts on the ends of the float bowls. Soon, Master Tiki. Very soon! 42' Racing yacht, Upgraded Orca, rock-pile island hideaway hut and the transom platform for the Freezer Trawler are in there too!

Thanks for putting up with my mental state while I was not employed! I am humbled and grateful for your prayers & support!

1/24 scale Holley 1850, manual choke, Holley 4160 manual choke & secondaries, Holley 780 CFM Double-pumper.
You remember carburetors do you not? Weiand foam air cleaners round out the model car parts in this mold.

h2c5df70.JPG

other car model parts include a gel-cell, and double wet-cell batteries that Mike mastered, interesting boxes & cask/barrel, updated 1/700 lighthouse, and another Holley 4160.

h47beab3.JPG

Don wanted some German MG ammo boxes, so I filled his mold with bottles, lantern, and 200 round ammo pouches for German vehicle. A cute little mold that casts really well!

h9d599b7.JPG

h8477459.JPG

Introducing Hideaway Key. Home to Iron Mike's Tiki Hut Bar.
A place where sea-faring Men meet to do Business.

heea7fe6.JPG

The rest of the Island set, sans the included vessels.

Thanks for looking In!

I guess that first pic is a model :woohoo:
As for the rest of the post that's very fine work.I cannot work in that small a scale but you make it look easy. Top stuff (y)

h307dc82.JPG

Painted and clear coated boats. Time to Decal! :yipee With small modification the 1/700 USCG Point Class decals will work on the 1/700 41 UTB. The Island set is the exclusive way to get the Cabin Cruiser and the Racing yacht.
Until our website starts up. Then you can add ship models, decals and scenery you really want to any TLAR Kit purchase for additional $$.
One of the Islands changed to the Smuggler set as a floating phasmit. A resupply vessel, camouflaged as an island.

I expect to release Islands and Smugglers yet this summer.

Car Model parts will appear under the "Mike's Speed Shop" banner sometime soon too. An Omage to Sea N' Sky's longest serving Board Member.

Thanks for looking in!
:salute :eek:ldguy :skipper

hb5fa25f.JPG

Box artwork for TLAR Models Island set #519.
Some of the small boats cross over for the Smuggler & Rum-runners set. I can Cheat! (a little bit!) Just like Hasegawa! "Same Ship, Different Day!"
Thanks for your support and comments!

The sign in Iron Mike's Tiki Bar reads "Free beer tomorrow". :mpup

Avast, ye landlubbers!

:drinks

Back