• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

I know, Right?! All this having to work for a living, in the icky wet weather, is slowing down my Model Mischief!! :facepalm
I do not believe The Duke could be out-Built. He is VERY prolific!! :yipee

HAHAHA....you're probably right . He is a building machine. :good:

I agree , having to work really interferes with one's social life :( Wet and icy seriously bite :sick:

Cheers, Christian B)

:yipee My Shapeways order came today!! :yipee
BaE Hawk 100's will stand in for my beloved T-45C Goshawk. Navy Goshawks don't normally carry ext. fuel tanks, but I figger, what the Hey, BONUS! These have had their tail surfaces sanded, their jet pipes drilled, and a dip in Future, for surface quality.
IMG_4474.JPG

P5M-2 Martin Marlin flying boats! If you look, you can see that the wing floats are on backwards. I fixed one, but not the other yet. A small affair to micro-saw, drill, pin, and super glue back on. These will get the VP-40 Blue/White/Blue paint job.
IMG_4477.JPG

Convair F2Y Sea Dart. Did some mod's on the water landing skis, drilled intakes & jet pipes, plus a lil' swim in the Future tank!
IMG_4478.JPG

USGC Martin WPG6M-5 CoastMaster weather Recon seaplane. Pre-sanded and Futured! This oughta be FUN!!
IMG_4479.JPG

My Darlin' Dear started back to work at the College today, so I had a lot of time to play! :yipee :gogo :silly:
Mr. Firefox got his dark gray overall paint job, after thinning, fixing his nose, and drilling. Black would just be TOO Black in this scale. I asked Clint, and he said he didn't mind. :pilot
IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4476.JPG

Mr. Fishbed, in 1/350, got his USSR top color blue base coat. He's gonna be the storied Blue Bandit of the NVAF, circa 1972. :D
IMG_4480.JPG

AND................ A 3D printed space vessel called the Telgar Frigate. masked & shot the Kulula green part of Her 3-shade Camo scheme. You guessed it! WWII Wehrmacht Ambush camo, on a spaceship!! But WAIT!! there's MORE!! I also made 1/1000 scale cargo containers, that fit between the engineering pods! Stay tuned for more Micro-Model-Mania!!
IMG_4481.JPG

If you think THIS is looney, watch and see what happens to L'arsenal 1/700 Jagdpanther!!!
MUHHU HAHA HA HA HA haha!! :drool

The strangest things happen to me. :facepalm Here I am, happily decalling along, putting markings on the Firefox, and Friendly Lady-bug clambers up to have a look-see! :rotf Now you all can see, I don't do the decals! My Teeny helpers do it!! I can't say Firefox had a number, but "01" seemed appropriate.
IMG_4495.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

Four T-45C's got painted white. I did remove the external tanks, shave the ECM antenna off the Fin, and chamfer the jet exhausts to the proper shape. I just could not leave well enough alone! Acrylic paints are your friend with 3D printed stuff! (y)
IMG_4493.JPG

The Telgar Frigate got her Asteroid Belt Ambush camo today too! She's ready for a flat coat! :yipee
IMG_4491.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

Finished a few Teeny things! :yipee
Telgar Frigate, Flatted, and carrying her supply containers. Tamiya smoke over silver for her bridge window.
IMG_4506.JPG

IMG_4508.JPG

MiG-31 Firefox Flatted. A wee bit of future for her jet exhausts.
IMG_4512.JPG

I have 5 more to dink with. :drool There were only 2 in the Movie.
IMG_4514.JPG

P6M-5 SeaMaster in Her Flat coat. I love how the dullcoat makes the markings pop right out. :pilot :love
IMG_4511.JPG

WPG6M-5 CoastMaster is coming along. You can tell how much I learned about the finishes on these 3D Jets by comparing the SeaMaster to the CoastMaster. There are a LOT of perhaps, not necessary layers on the SeaMaster! :bang head
IMG_4510.JPG
:eek:ldguy :pilot

Это время, чтобы гудеть в патрульных катеров
Eto vremya, chtoby gudet' v patrul'nykh katerov

"It's time to buzz the Patrol Boats!!" HAHA ha ha!!
IMG_4457.JPG

The Seamasters came out particularly nice (y)

Saw a guy at the show today that was running a three D printer making some very nice and fragile looking parts . Very cool stuff.

Cheers, Christian B)

How many living room sorties have you flown this weekend? :coolio

Rock on, dude! :ro: :drinks

CoastMaster, ready for another shot of clear to seal the decals so far. Using Tamiya Acrylic paint has really sped up this project! (y) I do miss the manly smell of enamels, just a bit. :drunk
IMG_4516.JPG

IMG_4517.JPG

Mr. Bear, an old DML TU-95MS showed up for some of the fun!
IMG_4518.JPG

Boyd's Sunburst is standing in for High-Vis red/orange on 4 Goshawks, and 1 Buckeye so far. Boyd's has a rather lengthy curing time, so these lil' Hooker Trainers will take longer. :zen
IMG_4521.JPG

I wanna get close to this scheme, for the T-45C's. Not all the mod's from Hawk 100 to T-45C Goshawk will be added.
Close is good! :hmmm
T-45C_Goshawk_1_28275x18329.jpg

Back