• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

You guys know how when you can't find something, and order another one, how you remember where you put the one, and find it? :frantic I ordered 2 more P6M's from Shapeway's designer Kokoda Trail Models, right before I found these, put away, where they belong! :facepalm
Anyhow, the USCG decals My buddy, Carl, at Backaft Models :salute sent me, gave me an inspiration! :zen
1/700 USCG WPG6M-5 CoastMaster! Weather Recon Seaplane! :drool :stinker :drinks
CoastMaster2_28259x19429.jpg

Oh nice!! :drool

I have found that I should have clear-coated, before I decaled. Even Tamiya Acrylics don't like long exposure to water (BIG SUPRISE) and Solva-set. Positioning the decals marred my finish, so a wee bit of touch-up is necessary. HOWEVER! The SeaMasters are wearing all their Decals!! :yipee (y)
IMG_4432.JPG

IMG_4433.JPG

IMG_4434.JPG

Touch up, and leave them overnight, then clear coat with metalizer sealer, for a nice, more-to-scale subdued gloss! :drool :pilot Time to run the Snow Blower Monster!
IMG_4435.JPG

Then.................. :drinks !!

Testors Metalizer Sealer. I'm well pleased with the outcome! :yipee They are so shiny, they look like Christmas Ornaments! I know the gloss is not right for 1/700 scale, but they're so purty I can't hardly bring myself to dullcote them!
IMG_4436.JPG

IMG_4437.JPG

The leading edges are done in black Sharpie Marker. I added NOTHING to the SeaMasters, just Future base coat, paint, and some creative decal work. well, a few :drinks and some :bang head as well as, :smack and the inevitable :stinker
IMG_4438.JPG
IMG_4439.JPG

I had SUCH a good time!
IMG_4440.JPG

Thanks for tuning in!!

:D Cool, the worlds smallest air force .

Guessing you'r never be able to open the modeling room window....

Cheers, Christian B)

Ever Forward! :soldier USS Rodger Young got her black Spaceship Base coat, The 3rd Buckeye has her brass landing gear,
Skywave's P2V Neptune is up on Her Sturdy Sea Legs :drunk , And Clint Eastwood's only Airplane has entered the picture, as well. :dance
IMG_4441.JPG

IMG_4444.JPG

Close-up of Buckeye #3, and of the Firefox :pilot
IMG_4442.JPG

SKYWAVE's Neptune is one solid molded piece. Cutting off the MAD boom, and drilling out the Boom, and the P2V's tail up to Her bomb bay, drilling out, and packing all the gear bays with teeny pieces of lead got Her off Her Tail! :bang head :love
IMG_4445.JPG

Reference for the MiG-31 Firefox Movie Jet.
http://www.milto.net/egg-planes/firefox-mig-31.php
:idonno

The profile of the Firefox didn't look quite right, so I added .030 of plastic card, and a touch of Tamiya putty.
IMG_4448.JPG

A wee tad of sanding to shape Her up!
IMG_4451.JPG

Over all length, and cockpit profile. Looking much improved! :pilot
"Floating" the decals on to the nose of Colonel Toon's (Tomb's?!?) 1/350 NVAF MiG-21PF.
IMG_4452.JPG

Not too bad, for late at night. :java
IMG_4457.JPG

Kewl ... Excellent mod on the firefox ... Love your work ... what do you use to see with a X50 loop ... I have one just hard to use ... made for looking at those dots in printing ...Help Somebody shoot this thing! I'm thinking of doing some of these ... :eek:hmy: :woohoo: :pilot

I start all these 1/350 and 1/700 3D planes with a dip in future. After they cure, then I do whatever I want!
I'm working on a belly tank and Atoll missiles for the Colonel's MiG-21.

I know, Right?! All this having to work for a living, in the icky wet weather, is slowing down my Model Mischief!! :facepalm
I do not believe The Duke could be out-Built. He is VERY prolific!! :yipee

Back