• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 RV Calypso Ocean Research Vessel TLAR 1223

I remember watch him on the TV when I was but a tad.

Great Joke there in the last three pictures...:lol:
RV Calypso is a French flagged vessel. It HAD to come with some sort of Frog! He comes in the kit.
"Off ze coast of Sous Affika, Phillippe' noticed a straange creashul in ze Oshaan. Mon Dieu! Coood zis be Le Grenouille Geant?"
There's usually a bullschtein back story!

The first 3 kits have been packaged and labeled for shipping! They sail for their new homeports on tomorrow morning's tide!

View attachment 165783View attachment 165784View attachment 165785
The finish line is drawing near! The smallest Calypso Flag on the decal sheet makes a dandy nameplate for the funnel. The middle-sized French flag is in use here.
View attachment 165786
The deck tan looks swell after the rest of the model comes together. The helipad could use a light dry-brush of silver.
View attachment 165787View attachment 165788View attachment 165789
Box artwork sample pictures. Wrapping up the instructions pretty quick! :yipee:
When I get the tracking numbers bought, Calypso kit recipients will be notified! :Drinks:

If Ol' Jacques had run into something like Kermit there in his travels, "On est dans la merde!"

Popcorn fart island.jpg
As you pass through the sea on the way to Isla Roatan, you pass all these little popcorn fart islands. A cruise ship takes over 2 hours to run the channel in water not much deeper than 30 feet in the littoral area near Honduras. You can clearly see all the way to the sandy bottom as she goes.
Some are populated. A few have aids to navigation. Mostly radar reflectors for course corrections and ranging. Small boats zip about with impunity, but a 110,000 ton vessel must go at a more leisurely pace. You have lots of time to take in the sights!
20240210_231518.jpg
Sometimes, in my zeal for casting molds, LPP gets slopped into the tray I use to transport loaded molds to the pressure pot. Sometimes a little left-over LPP gets slopped by design. This sloppage became Isla Cangrejo Azul. A modest lighthouse, cottage, ' 23-foot '42 Chriscraft Barrelback Runabout, and dock sections got cooked up in this shiny, new mold. So far nothing nefarious has occurred here.
Give me time.
Thanks again for lookin in!

Disney+ has a documentary called Becoming Cousteau. It is very good. YouTube has several of his original specials for streaming. As a child, I love watch his specials and Marlin Perkins Wild Kingdom.

Disney+ has a documentary called Becoming Cousteau. It is very good. YouTube has several of his original specials for streaming. As a child, I love watch his specials and Marlin Perkins Wild Kingdom.
We are the same kind of child. I've been seeing the YouTubes for inspiration.

Back