• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/700 Aircraft. I'm stuck in "Teeny" Gear! Zorn!

Some Men take look at the World, and they see what IS, and accept the norm. Some Men take a look at the World, and they don't like what they see. Such men realize that not all Men will model. That some of us will have to sacrifice to attain, what COULD BE, so that the imaginations of others can be loosed. To be freed from the chains of convention, to inspire our brethren to such soaring heights of creative Lunacy, that other Men will look on, and wish Medications on the Few.
I am one of the Lunatics, :woohoo: :bang head :drool and I'm proud! :gogo :drool

Tamiya 1/350 F-4S conversion to an F-4E Phantom II. Lengthen the nose, the scale 4' 9", (.80) add the fairing for the M61A1 20mm cannon, make the external tanks out of rolled, cut & sanded Epoxy Sculpt.
IMG_4721.JPG

Fill and sand the outer wing panel slat notches. Do some more mentally infirm stuff!! :pilot
IMG_4722.JPG

I'm looking for 1/350 sharkmouth decals now!

Some Men take look at the World, and they see what IS, and accept the norm. Some Men take a look at the World, and they don't like what they see. Such men realize that not all Men will model. That some of us will have to sacrifice to attain, what COULD BE, so that the imaginations of others can be loosed. To be freed from the chains of convention, to inspire our brethren to such soaring heights of creative Lunacy, that other Men will look on, and wish Medications on the Few.
I am one of the Lunatics, :woohoo: :bang head :drool and I'm proud! :gogo :drool

Tamiya 1/350 F-4S conversion to an F-4E Phantom II. Lengthen the nose, the scale 4' 9", (.80) add the fairing for the M61A1 20mm cannon, make the external tanks out of rolled, cut & sanded Epoxy Sculpt.
IMG_4721.JPG

Fill and sand the outer wing panel slat notches. Do some more mentally infirm stuff!! :pilot
IMG_4722.JPG

I'm looking for 1/350 sharkmouth decals now!

It's gutless :rotf Looks pretty good for it's size. (y)

Does it have the slotted stabs ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Not yet. I have scriber, and i'm not afraid to use it! I had hoped for a tip or two, given your personal expertise! Thanks!!

WHAT?!?! :vmad :frantic Where?! :eek:ldguy Oh! there it is!! GOSH! Thanks for pointing that out! :eek:ldguy I might have missed it!
Funny ol' Pup!! :notworthy

In January of 2015 I bought that really crappy 1/700 3D printed P-8A Poseidon, and payed WAY too much for it.
I was dinking with molds and other dinky stuff, and I was thinking about Saul, hunting Red Boats, and Jaws, for no really good reason at all, soo..............
IMG_5747.JPG

I used some of the decals the eBay seller was generous enough to include, AND a B-26 Marauder decal from an old Skywave sheet. Voila'!!!
IMG_5748.JPG

Just a wee tad of goofing off, while I slave away at TLAR Models design shop. :frantic :tomato :bang head

Have you seen "Spaceballs" recently?
I found this on Shapeways website. They had free shipping and a 10% discount going, so I just plain had to have one!
Lonestar's Eagle 5 Space Winnebago!
h192f70b.JPG

First a soapy warm bath with an old toothbrush. Then a coat of Future.
I promptly went a-modeling on Her. Fixed wing dihedral by snapping the wings off and C/A gluing them back on.

hb85e8e7.JPG

Shaved off the spare tire. added a more appropriate looking rear bumper.....

h20643e3.JPG

Punched out .015 & .040 discs to make the inside dual rear tires.
The engines are over scale. I'm leaving them alone. The Winnebago isn't quite long enough. I won't go so nuts as to buy a second one, and lenghten the Winnie. This just for the fun of it!
I would guess Her scale between 1/144 & 1/285.

In January of 2015 I bought that really crappy 1/700 3D printed P-8A Poseidon, and payed WAY too much for it.
I was dinking with molds and other dinky stuff, and I was thinking about Saul, hunting Red Boats, and Jaws, for no really good reason at all, soo..............
IMG_5747.JPG

I used some of the decals the eBay seller was generous enough to include, AND a B-26 Marauder decal from an old Skywave sheet. Voila'!!!
IMG_5748.JPG

Guess I missed that P8 last year, that's cool!

Wowser! Missed it to and THANK YOU! :D

I've yet to see a real shark mouthed Poseidon, it would look good!

Regards,

I was gonna add wheels to the Posidon. I didn't get to it yet. (Ship! Airplane! SQUIRREL!) I did get some 1/700 Tomahawk missiles, but it's such a crude 3D model I'm waiting to get a nicer P-8A. No pylons of the 1/700 USCG CoastMaster. She's another Jet that just begs for a sharkmouth!!

The Space Winnie has a similar HUGE gap in it's belly. Not Unlike my converted 1/350 F-4E! :rotf

Thanks Guys!!

h9cbc40d.JPG

he489387.JPG

Paint started on Eagle 5! Just silvers & flat black so far. :idonno
There's a mischievious little voice that hangs around my office (Nut Department) space, whispering "Wouldn't it be funny to mark the Space Winnie like a rebel Emcon T-65 X-wing?" :hmmm :drool

With a cracker-jack of a tooth ache and strong pain med's, what should One do?
I know! Modeling!! :gogo

h0df46ac.JPG

h089acc7.JPG

haf9adc9.JPG

I little more Tamiya clear paint effects on winders & engines. Black window seals with a Gundam fine-tipped black marker I punched out some hubs for the front wheels.
That naughty voice in my head is still trying to get me to mark the Space Winnie like an X-Wing fighter. :hmmm

Back