• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell SNJ TEXAN

Just got home a few mins ago. Had to take mom to Dr. for a blood draw... So, gonna go get the airbrush prepped & ready so I can do the cowling & touch up the tail on this...

Ok fellas, here's some pics...

h591ef57.JPG

h805801e.JPG

hc13c76e.JPG

h4196f57.JPG

h4dfd530.JPG

Looking good Ed.

To chime in on the yellow paint problem, I would shoot flat white primer, then flat yellow and finally a clear gloss. Build up your color slowly. Yellow is already hard to spray and then add to that gloss paint has its own challenges. When faced with a problem like this, simplify. It's the same for shooting white. I will have to try the light pink primer. Sounds interesting.

Looking good Ed.

To chime in on the yellow paint problem, I would shoot flat white primer, then flat yellow and finally a clear gloss. Build up your color slowly. Yellow is already hard to spray and then add to that gloss paint has its own challenges. When faced with a problem like this, simplify. It's the same for shooting white. I will have to try the light pink primer. Sounds interesting.

Thanks Kenny! :drinks I'll keep that in mind. Seems the hardest paints for me to spray is, White, Yellow & Red

Slow and thin, I'm dealing with that on the Bulldog, think Red is harder, it seems to be harder to clean up.

:popcorn

Slow and thin, I'm dealing with that on the Bulldog, think Red is harder, it seems to be harder to clean up.

:popcorn

I may be slow but, I aint thin Bob!! :smack One thing I've noticed about Yellow, Dam stuff is hard to get it to cooperate!! LoL... I think I got it a little too thin :blush: Just so hard to get it just right ya know... :tomato

Ok, here's a couple pics of this. Just waiting for a chance to finish the cowling. I'm hoping to get the decals on her in the next day or 2...

h682e33d.JPG

h584d058.JPG

Looking good. Love the yellow birds. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
One thing I have found that may help. For white , yellow, red, I now spray on a flat white, or yellow or red as a base coat. The flat just seems to spray better and covers better without the problems of gloss as you got on the cowl. Then I go over with a lite misting of the gloss colour. If you like the shade of the flat colour just go over with gloss coat. To make a really vibrant red or yellow use flat white as the case. I found that I never seem to have issues when I do that.
Hope that helps Ed.
James

Looking good. Love the yellow birds. (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) :D
One thing I have found that may help. For white , yellow, red, I now spray on a flat white, or yellow or red as a base coat. The flat just seems to spray better and covers better without the problems of gloss as you got on the cowl. Then I go over with a lite misting of the gloss colour. If you like the shade of the flat colour just go over with gloss coat. To make a really vibrant red or yellow use flat white as the case. I found that I never seem to have issues when I do that.
Hope that helps Ed.
James

Thank you James. I'll make note of that. :good: I rattle canned the cowl the other day with white primer but, haven't had the chance to paint yet. Planned on doing so yesterday but, 2 things were against me...1) Mother nature decided to throw buckets of rain down upon us here in Sunny Calif!! and 2)My mother had to go pay some bills & such & we didn't get back until like 5pm :frantic
Today doesn't look good either so, will play it by ear...

Well, I got some decals slapped on yesterday & hoping ta git da rest of 'em on today...

hbdfbaf9_2015-11-06.JPG

hb3a3692_2015-11-06.JPG

hc3f4478_2015-11-06.JPG

and do a lil touch up paint work... :blush:

Back