• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell SNJ TEXAN

I hate spraying yellow with a passion. I find it one of the hardest to thin and get the right consistency. What has worked for me is a base cost of flat white and multiple coats of thin yellow paint. It may take me 30 minutes to paint a small aera like you have there.

Brush painting yellow, don't even get me started.

I need to seriously get this kit, I have always loved the Texan, clean lines and man that sound.

How has the fit been with the kit? Look forward to more of this build.

I hate spraying yellow with a passion. I find it one of the hardest to thin and get the right consistency. What has worked for me is a base cost of flat white and multiple coats of thin yellow paint. It may take me 30 minutes to paint a small aera like you have there.

Brush painting yellow, don't even get me started.

I need to seriously get this kit, I have always loved the Texan, clean lines and man that sound.

How has the fit been with the kit? Look forward to more of this build.

This has been a fairly enjoyable build for me. No real fit issues to speak of. Yeah, I find Yellow & red to be the hard paints to get right.

Well, I managed to get some paint booth time in today!! :dance But, try as I might....
:unsure: :idonno :bang head

had5686a.JPG

h0931f41.JPG

and then it was SNAFU :pinch:

I've thinned the paint down properly, air pressure at 10-12 psi so, I field stripped it & tried again. wouldn't spray so, added thinner, bumped up the psi to 15psi and,started to spray but, seemed a tad thin.
]Maybe I'm better off with a hairy stick :bang head :bang head :bang head

Take it slow with the Yellow. Think I would strip it before you get to far and take John's advice, flat white first then the yellow. :coolio

Hairy Stick ??? My personnel Favorite ... Must use acrylic paint thought ... :popcorn Inside of craft should be Green as the government did like to waste paint ... (y)

Bob, this was like the 3rd layer. I laid down a couple on the fuselage as well which went down pretty good then as I went to do the 3rd on the stabilizers is when ut started acting up. I figger I'm gonna go ahead & strip it down & try again... :bang head

The stabilizers got stripped back down the other day & I painted them white today so, hopefully I can shoot some Yeller onthem next chance I git :drinks

Primary colours are no problem for me. I learned a great tip for painting yellow some years ago.
Undercoat with a light pink or pinkish-grey. I've enjoyed 100% success.
It gives a warmer tone to the yellow.

Test-drive on some scrap plastic close to the kit plastic colour first. You might be surprised.

Regards

Primary colours are no problem for me. I learned a great tip for painting yellow some years ago.
Undercoat with a light pink or pinkish-grey. I've enjoyed 100% success.
It gives a warmer tone to the yellow.

Test-drive on some scrap plastic close to the kit plastic colour first. You might be surprised.

Regards

:hmmm interesting. Never heard that before but, will give it a shot sometime. I've got the stabilizers painted white (and the Buffalo's tail) and soon as I get a chance to shoot the yellow, I will :drinks

Well, looks like tomorrow is open for me to git in and sling some yeller around :hmmm Am definitely gonna give it a shot anyhow :drinks

Ok,, paint has been sprayed today! stabilizers are done so, watchin' paint dry on this &a couple other projects I got going :dance :dance :drinks

spent a little time cleaning up the landing gear, went over the canopy with afine tipped brush as some of the panes didn't geta good enuff coat of paint on them :blush: Gonnahaveta shoot some more yeller since I fergot da cowling :facepalm
Also noticed the difference between the tail & stabilizers... guess that's from using white as a base coat?

he50e138.JPG

She's got legs! She's also sporting a radial engine now & Probably start decals here before too long... :hmmm :drinks

Back