• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell SNJ TEXAN

OK, IT'S MID 80S RIGHT NOW SO....

hbf45c0b.jpg

ha2f40cb.jpg

h2d0b92a.jpg

Ok, looks like I gotta take a step backwards on this :facepalm I missed a seam... can't see it too good in these pics, but, just foreward of the tail... also, paint ran a bit on the lower wing... I'll be busy tomorrow but, hopefully I can post some pics...

Well, Aint touched this is a spell but, hopefully I'll get ta spray more paint on her this weekend. Gonna try tho!
I've been wonderin', was da inside of the cowling the same color as the aircraft or was it green?

I'm gonna try and get some paint sprayed today as it's about 80 degrees here today!!
So, nobody has the answer to the question ay??? Inside color of the cowling??

The ex RAF Harvard that I used to work on at Duxford was an olive green inside the cowl, but the pit was several shades of what we now call interior green... But all chipped and rubbed back to the bare metal.

I wouldn't worry too much, Ed, any medium/interior green will be fine.

Ian.

Well, I managed to get some paint booth time in today!! :dance But, try as I might....
:unsure: :idonno :bang head

had5686a.JPG

h0931f41.JPG

and then it was SNAFU :pinch:

I've thinned the paint down properly, air pressure at 10-12 psi so, I field stripped it & tried again. wouldn't spray so, added thinner, bumped up the psi to 15psi and,started to spray but, seemed a tad thin.
]Maybe I'm better off with a hairy stick :bang head :bang head :bang head

Back