• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/48 Revell SNJ TEXAN

Hippy Ed

This has been one I've wanted to git built for awhile and, this campaign is a good reason to dig in. My uncle Chuck learned to fly in these back in 1954-56 at NAS Pensacola,FL

h8214ea9_2015-06-04.JPG

h78040d0_2015-06-04.JPG

h4e2b75c_2015-06-04.JPG

I'll have to check my references & research this a bit as I may change the markings to represent his training squadron.

Thanks for looking....

Actually took a 45 minute flight in one of these after my dad died...figured it was a better way to spend some of the insurance money than by paying some crappy bill-- some of the best 45 minutes of my life :)

Actually took a 45 minute flight in one of these after my dad died...figured it was a better way to spend some of the insurance money than by paying some crappy bill-- some of the best 45 minutes of my life :)

:geek :drinks That sounds like fun!!

Ok fellas, I've done some work on this here beast... :D :beer

h2beaaf0.JPG

h3065401.JPG

h0d331b6.JPG

hf014f48.JPG

h931b5f5.JPG

h931b5f5_2015-06-11.JPG

h0a987f2.JPG

he528e2c.JPG

h09636ee.JPG

About ready to attach the IPs to the cockpit assembly & close up the fuselage :yipee :eek:hyeah

GOt the fuselage sealed up & test fit the wings. Looks good to go! (y) I'll get pics taken & posted tomorrow sometime...

I spent a couple hours going over my in-progress builds making sure I got everything cleaned up, filled ,sanded,etc and I futured the canopies for this build so, getting it ready fer paint. Not sure just when as I've got company coming on Sunday :dance :drinks

I spent a couple hours going over my in-progress builds making sure I got everything cleaned up, filled ,sanded,etc and I futured the canopies for this build so, getting it ready fer paint. Not sure just when as I've got company coming on Sunday :dance :drinks

(y) :nothingtoad

Back