• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/350 USCG Full Hull Vietnam Point Class Cutter

The .50 barrel is WAY over-scale. I'm not gonna use this for the Kit. It may not even go on the box art for the model. I'm unhappy with how thick the Crane post is as well. It's a Learning process everytime! :bang head

hb68c307.JPG

This is the upgraded complete resin contents of Kit #118. 1 Full-hull 82 WPB, and one waterline Cutter with a lower hull plate.

Once I finish the build, then instructions, She'll be on the market! :yipee

hda6a210.JPG

From 1/700 IJN 25mm cannon, to 1/350 .50 Caliber machine gun!

I hoped these might be just the ticket for the Big Cutter kit!!
:yipee
Thanks for looking in!!

They are Photo-etched guns. Fold 'em, future 'em and clip off the Japanese details you don't need!

h17abb64.JPG

Ready for 2nd paint job. The first coat of Hull Gray spattered, sort of. I'm leaving the main deck because it looks a little like anti-skid. Everything else gets a good scrub with Windex.

Wow, that looks bigger than 1/350 scale. Way to go on such incredible detail! Looking forward to seeing this in paint.

Paint!!
h26f7ea1.JPG

Tamiya dark Gray over Tamiya semi-gloss black. I did my best to keep Her all in one piece, but snapped the yard arms smooth off while masking. MUTHERPUSSBUCKET!!

hb17a16e.JPG

Shafts, struts, bearings, screws & rudders in place!

Almost ready to apply decals. My white 1/350 Vietnam decals are a pain in the tuchas to see!

hc145f09.JPG

The kit decals prove IMPOSSIBLE for even me to use on the Vietnam era 82's. They are underscale for war-time Cutters, White ink on white paper means cutting out what you THINK you want and dipping it in water to see what you've got. Then two, Slam the decal on the WPB in a drop of Future, quick-like-a-Bunny, and leave it be. :bang head :bang head :stinker I did use the "Point Welcome" on the stern plate.
BFA!
The Domestic Service decals are PERFECT on the white paper background.
Expect a Vietnam war decal upgrade with your set before they go to Market.
These are Harry's decals from Battlefleet models. Every digit & character is a separate decal. (Yep! 18 of 'em!) They are nicely in scale, and respond well to teensie drops of Solv-a-set.

I don't make many ship models Mr. Clownfish can swim UNDER! He seems to be having a fine time!

Thanks for lookin' in!!
:salute
:eek:ldguy
:pilot

Back