• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:35 sculpt in progress

Andy, thankyou and at a pinch the measurements are as follows, based on a 51-52mm figure, head to sole. From hip bone to boot sole I'd go approx. 28-29mm. From groin to top of head it would be roughly the same 28mm. Bear in mind the overlap of both measurements by about 4-5mm
Now the arms, shoulders to fingertips can be deceptive. The upper arm is a little longer than the forearm and this will affect the joint placement for the elbow. The hand with extended fingers from wrist to tips is almost as long as the forearm from wrist elbow, believe it or don't... When you are bending your armature wire for arms, there is some care needed here also as the arm joint is complex and can result in misplacement depending on the degree of bend in the elbow. The trick here is to go by what looks right to you! Even a correctly measured wire with elbow marked correctly for a straight arm does not translate into a bent arm position in proportion. So in conclusion, the arm would be 21-22mm from centrally drilled hole in shoulder (eg. the centre of the smooth ovallish area on a kit figure to the tip of extended fingers. Taking in the info above, this can greatly differ dependent on both the bend in the arm and even the angle of the hand. A rule of thumb (pun intended) is that the hanging arm should have a wrist bone at the approximate level of the bottom of the groin. But of course unless you are sculpting youpr own hands, the wire would only protrude from the wrist length enough to receive a resin or plastic hand. JonHayward wrote:
That is another superb figure mate. Tell me - if I wanted to get hold of some of your figures, where can I get them !?!!

Well you could break in though the front sash window or if you have a ladder, lift off the whole skylight box and swing down to the vanity. Make your way to the spare room ;)
But seriously, I'll let you know of any 'production' of these figures here for sure.

Back