• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1:35 sculpt in progress

Hey Ruders
You'll find that the creative jooces can dry up with extended periods on the one figure, and also the curing times can limit the run-on with one figure so a few on the go is smiles all around, right? :gogo
Brad

Hey Matt
An iron-clad guarantee ok? ;)

Thanks Pavel for your support :)

So some more progress...
A shot of the application of putty below the belt, which is formed with zipper lines first, and then relevant pocket lines and seams etc.

IMG_1052.jpg

I have finished the right arm, which awaits the completion of the pants on his right leg so as to be able to sculpt the hand where I want it.

Have completed the left pants leg though, and he will have this one tucked into his 2 buckle boots, and I'm considering the right to be 'unbloused' and over the top of his boot.
A rip to this knee should help to complete the impression of a battle-hardened dough.
On his left thigh here is the 'relief' zipper shown open. ( probably handy for having a good ol' scratch too :blink :laugh:

IMG_1053.jpg

Brad :side:

Hey Brad,

Super work, love the in progress shots. I nee to get back and sculpt a miniature myself, maybe sometime next month, once I get these football guys done.

Joe

Always good stuff from your bench Brad.

I just wish you were my neighbor, by now I'd have bribed you with enough Guinness, steamers and lobster, that I'd have at least two full crews of Armored Infantry.

:D

Thanks Teo, and hopefully we see some more of your vignette!

Joe, thanks and yes you should get back to the bench again ;)

Ken, I know not what steamers are, but you had me at G...
And yes, a set of armoured infantry would be noice! Hmmm see what occurs huh. Still have to get a crew happening for the M8/M20 :pinch: :laugh:

Brad

Clams mate, steamed slowly on a bed of seaweed over hot coals in a pit dug into the beach sand served with melted butter...

(y)

Ken Abrams wrote:
Clams mate, steamed slowly on a bed of seaweed over hot coals in a pit dug into the beach sand served with melted butter...

(y)

Phwoar! And all this in your hobbyroom?!?! I'm about to go renew my passport... :laugh:

Sweet work Brad , I'll throw in a couple of buckets of Barnegat Bay mini piss clams and a couple of pounds of Weakfish soaked for a minute in Apple Cider vinegar and a tad of red cooking Sherry . This accompanied by a few slabs of New York strip steaks .

Oh and the patio fridge has quite a variety of beer , ......... domestic and foreign .........

You wouldn't happen to pitch horse shoes would you ?

Brad,
Great talking with you tonight (tomorrow your time). :laugh:
Can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the way of
this guy and his friends.
Shawn

Brad,
You had better start cranking out some more figures to go will all
the idea's (pictures I sent you)... :eek:hmy: ;) :laugh:
Shawn

Thanks
Fomare, Glenn, Shawn, and even Rudi :lol:
He has not progressed much further as have been working late a few times this week, and also have a muddy diorama scene in the makings.
I have added some Polaroid goggles to his helmet, which are an often seen item on armored infantrymen. I have to sculpt the strap over the helmet yet.
His right shoulder has been reshaped to accomodate the bandolier sling realistically. Work will start on his right hand soon enough; the specifics aren't clear yet...
Brad :side:

Brad may I ask some quick questions about measurements ?

Can I or we have a breakdown of measurements of arms ( shoulder to fingertips) legs (pelvis to boot soles) and torso (groin to top of head or helmet)please.

I am going to convert some figures in very near future and would like to know

Your figures getting beter and better by the way !!

Andy

andyfettes wrote:
Can I or we have a breakdown of measurements of arms(groin to top of head or helmet)please.

Yeah come on Brad, we all wanna know THIS !

:laugh:

That is another superb figure mate. Tell me - if I wanted to get hold of some of your figures, where can I get them !?!!

Back