• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 Trumpeter Bf-109 E-4

Paulw

My next attempt.

I figured I could assemble a couple of sub assemblies before I prime and paint. This scheme calls for RLM 02 for the interior so I will have to mix something close.

One thing that disappointed me were the decals for the ip, they looked ok going on but would up unacceptable and I removed them, looks like some dry brushing etc. etc.

Well thasts it for now. More later...

Not sure about the Trump kit and I'm as keen to find-out as you are, Bob. Remember that Eduard E-1 that I started for the Wings over the Reich Campaign ??, that ended up residing on the Shelf of Forgetfulness.

I'm certain that Pauls' build will go a LOT better, it already looks way easier to assemble even on these few pics.

Ian.

I am not going to go into details about this but it does build pretty good so far. I have most of the pit done and most of the engine done, a few things still need attention but I am not going to go all out for fear of getting frustrated and putting this on the shelf with all the others I have in the past few months.

Engine:

pit:

Trudging along here I managed to get the innards put in to the fuselage and the halves taped together to see where I was with gaps and ill fitting stuff. Things are looking good so far and the fit is above average for a Trumpy kit. My main concern will be all the flying surfaces and their gaps. Wheel wells have plenty of pe to add and bending is going to be fun because the pe makes up the side walls and other things.

I see that I forgot the lap belts, oh well, its not the first time or the last.

So glad to see you are building another 109 Paul, its looking great so far! :good:

Matrixone

Thanks Les but I think I may have to change planes again because some pieces like one of the guns and three exhaust stubs decided to go for a party some where in the fuse. I still have a couple of Messerschmidts in the stash. A 24 scale G-10 and a 48 Bf-110 and I still have the 32 G-10 also.

I am bound and determined to finish a campaign this year even if it's one of Chef's Gundam kits.
I may, however, just buy another E-4 and go that way, I don't have one of those in my display.

Back