• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 TamiyaA6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21

It is ordinary packing paper i get it from my Newsagent 3 euros for 15 meter
i always wrap my work space with it ,i like to begin with a clean surface and after an half hour it is full cuts/paint/and glue and sometimes a bit of blood

We don't have an equivalent in the States. Closest thing is kraft paper which is about 5 times as thick and not as strong. I guess I'll be loading up on it around Xmas.

I agree, the salt technique doesn't cut it compared to the hairspray.

Try the shipping paper found at Wally World,ausf.

Piet.

I agree with you , the hairspray is more effective...anyway, a good job on both...thank you for sharing!

Luiz.

Finally had some time to start on the Zero,

Sprayed the inside silver than some hairspray after it was dry some green and some chipping,

Won't see much of this because the complete cockpit and side panels will cover most of it.

h9a2807e.jpg

i dont bother with the interior details behind the cockpit seat/bulkhead because you wont see them anyway (if i dont see it i dont build it )so the two half are glued together.

h9ec8420.jpg

Are you sure that this is 1/32? If so then those are some pretty huge clothes pins.

Your chipping looks really good on the test kit. What Vallejo green and gray did you use for the paint scheme?

Thanks
Mike

Your chipping looks really good on the test kit. What Vallejo green and gray did you use for the paint scheme?

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike ,
On the test model i mixed my own color of different Vallejo green's and some yellow because i did not had the correct paint ,grey was just black and white mix with a tiny drop of blue.

On the tamiya Zero i will be using only Mr.Hobby Color (acrylic) for the main paint colors
Mixed with some white /black for the grey and for the green i will use black and yellow for the different shades .

hca865ae.jpg

h577db9d.jpg

Piet.

looks good, keep going. I am trying to find some 1/24 scale clothes pins too. :captain

Main paint colors done ,next is some detailing (not that you will see much)and a wash .

h034fbb2.jpg

Back