• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

1/32 TamiyaA6M2b Zero Fighter Type 21

Got up early today and i am all allone today so :D ......Its model building time !
And i use a hairdryer to speed up the drying time .

Got up early today and i am all allone today so :D ......Its model building time ! And i use a hairdryer to speed up the drying time .

Looking forward to a day like that - they're few and far between just now. Really like the idea of this project, a tired, early Zero late in it's career.

:popcorn

Ian.

First wash.

h684a024.jpg

h80f414e.jpg

Very nice Liet ... First rate job of painting ... I will need more instruction ... in washes I have used the oils before ... Anyway very good job ... :notworthy

Sweet!

I was reading about Burma late in the war. I don't know if it has to do with the area or the South Pacific in general, but Allied aircrews had to deal with frequent hail. Camo was destroyed and all leading edges were quickly stripped bare.

Neat info Jeffery, never heard that, hail could really alter that leading edge also.

Yeah, it surprised me too. It was mentioned specifically with Beaufighters, but the only other AC mentioned in the campaign were B-24s and Jugs, which I assume were bare anyway. Another interesting thing was '24s used in ground support, specifically supply drops and strafing.

Again, I don't know if the hail was endemic to Burma, large land masses or the entire Pacific. When I was on Hawaii (Big Island), it rained every night like clockwork, but I don't remember thunder or hail.

Is the reduction gear housing (at least I think that what it's called) on the front of the motor supposed to be aotake as well on Japanese aircraft?

Thanks for the help
Mike

Not sure Mike but it looks great from here. :popcorn

Ok Mike ....from my research on Japanese aircraft I would say that engine cases and gear reduction housings were a mid gray color early on.
At some point in the war they changed to this which just looks like a very dirty oily mess

b7a-4.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Back